1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ Bouye signs 5-year, $67M deal with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 30, 2016.

1. HstnSprtsFan101

If he goes elsewhere, I'd give it about a 90% chance that team regrets it. That being said, I want him back. Just don't see FA signings work too often & he won't find a better supporting cast than the one he has here.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Might be unpopular opinion, but I wasn't IN LOVE with him. I would like to keep him because that means 2 young corners as our future. Jackson got some reps at S during pats game so he might be moving there. I would ask him to do a 4 year deal that was loaded on the back end. Like 10, 15, 20. Just so we can afford this year. But he got too many PI calls for my taste.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. CallMeTheDream

He did have some head scratching PI calls in the Patriots game. My concern is will he stay motivated to be our #1 CB after he gets #1 CB money? Not saying I don't believe in him just hoping he takes the initiative to get better after his payday like Mercilus did instead of taking off with the money.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the DLine we have there's no need to keep Bouye.
    Go with what you got. Let DLine loose make QB force himself into a mistake.

6. HstnSprtsFan101

Sort of agree. Can never have too many CB's but with Kareem, KJ & JJo returning, resigning Bouye is more of a luxury than a need. If Demps or Simon get overpaid, let them walk too. I have faith in our FO to find defensive gems. That's one thing they've been great at.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-darrelle-revis-49ers-eagles-texans/

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The thing with him is that he's young enough that he's still potentially got another big contract to play for. Same with Merci. If they were 30 and potentially looking at their last major payday, I'd be more concerned.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

So Bouye gone...

TheRealist137 and vtjsr2 like this.
  12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Haha how the hell does he even come up with a percentage on this?

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bye Bye Bouye..... :(

vtjsr2 likes this.
  14. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

so bouye gone...

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

You do realize, he is just stating an opinion right. No sources or insider information. He is just saying what he thinks or believes. He is not being a reporter, some might argue he hasn't been a reporter for 10 or so years, as much as an analyst with that take.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

To borrow from Daryl Morey (re: Chandler Parsons), you have to be the team that finds the AJ Bouye's, not the team that pays for them.

Problem is I have a lot less faith in this front office to find another one. You need three good corners + depth in today's NFL. Sooner or later JJo will succumb to age and tread on the tires, Kevin Johnson is coming off major injury, and Kareem didn't seem to be quite the same player last year.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bouye was a pleasant surprise for the Texans in 2016, entering the year as the team's No. 4 cornerback and finishing as one of the top corners in the league. While the Texans have said they would love to have the young cornerback re-sign, they already have three solid cornerbacks under contract, and another team could reward Bouye with a much bigger contract than he could get in Houston. If the Texans re-sign Bouye, it would leave very little wiggle room for other improvements and to re-sign other free agents. Prediction: The financials to bring back Bouye will likely not add up for the Texans. -- Sarah Barshop

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's a weak free agent market, Bouye might get more guaranteed money than anyone

don't overpay, we are already reasonably deep at CB

Also not convinced Bouye is as good as everyone says. Teams target him alot and he gets alot of PI/holding calls against him.

houstonstime likes this.