1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ Bouye signs 5-year, $67M deal with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CallMeTheDream

Do we have the next Josh Gordon? I'm no expert at these kind of stats but is there any chance his stats are inflated from limited snaps and guarding the 3rd WR?

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Remember when Brice McCain was rated the best nickle corner in the NFL? Has he been heard from much since? For NOW Its how I think of Bouye. Its great to be the best and he's playing solid, but want to see good play as a starter on the outside corner spots.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That's part of the problem with DB play and contracts I think. They have a smaller window to cash in on good seasons, because it's harder to stay consistently good. It's also harder to quantify consistently good play since the better ones are targeted less, and scheme, shadow coverage, and reputation are factors too.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think Cushing and Joseph are as good as gone. Can't keep them with what they're being paid vs their production. AJ has had a very good season thus far and will get a nice raise. I don't think it will be Revis money, though. He and K Johnson make a nice core that they can add to.

5. Fantasma Negro

I don't know about Cush, I think Cush restructures and stays McNair really loves that guy and he produces when healthy but McKinney has really brought new life to the ilb position, instead of Daryl Sharpton, Tim Dobbins, Mister Alexander, Brady James, & Ahkeem Dent, why didn't they draft this position sooner smh. J.Jo for what he's being paid I feel will be on another roster next reason, Kevin Johnson and A.J have been the two best corners among our dbs and its been by leaps and bounds

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Franchise him.

DD

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's playing out of his mind in a contract year (his choice) and not covering the opposing #1 WR. Texans have to be real careful with this contract especially considering the rest of the holes on the roster.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

He is much better as a #2 or #3 corner. If he goes to another team and gets #1 corner money, he'll be exposed. I'll keep him if you can just give him Joseph's salary (~ $7 million).

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

You still need 2 starting caliber ILBs. Up until this year, Cushing still played the best. Now you can talk about replacing him but you still need competent play beside McKinney. People keep talking about cut Cushing and cut Joseph; forgetting that doing that could possibly make your team worse. You gotta find a good replacement first. With Johnson (pre-injury) and McKinney having good years, now it becomes a valid argument.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think it was Marvin Jones. It just felt like every broken up or incomplete pass was at Bouye, they said his name a lot. He got a PI called on him, but he made some nasty deflections as well.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

He's probably not number 1 anymore after Sunday. Talib didn't play and Bouye wasn't one of the top 5 defensive scores from Sunday's game. Still very impressive though.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/31/oakland-raiders-overtime-nfl-week-8-peter-king

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

if the season is lost at week 12 or so, we should consider trading him a la patriots...and get a pick...

i don't see how we can keep him..unless franchise tag?

what about hop?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Week 12 is just a few weeks past the trade deadline.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will be sick if we let him go. I love AJ.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

JJo is gone after the season......so they can keep Bouye.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hopkins is still under contract next year. They won't have Franchise Tag him until 2018.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They can cut Joseph after the season with no dead money.

19. Fantasma Negro

Then there's a good chance depending on how well Johnson is doing recovering from the foot, Joseph may be gone next season.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watch Jerry go after him