1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

HayesStreet: Bin laden was ejected from Saudi Arabia and even has led attacks on his own home country!! Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense that this b*stard has to hide in a cave in Afghanistan if he didn't do something that pissed off Saudi Arabia. Read my thread about him...there's a profile from Time Magazine about him. So, I wouldn't worry about pissing Saudi Arabia off, or Egypt because he tried to assassinate Mubarak. They would probably jump up and down like those damn fools in Palestine if he was exterminated like the vermin he is.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Who here believe that Nostradamus is credible? I'm a skeptic, so I would like some examples. I'm very interested in it, but some of his predictions were rather vague. If everything he says is correct, we may as well quit living.

This is so scary. Who would side with the perpetrators to cause WW3??

3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

This was obviously planned way before the conference walkout, so that is irrelevant. The UN is a notoriously anti-American institution and always has been. There are many councils within the UN the US doesn't take part in for this reason.

You are overstating the Israel/US equation. You've also conviently ignored my post about the Shah/Saudi/Egypt and Kuwait, all of which are friendly with the US and all of which are the enemies of bin laden and his ilk. EVEN IF WE ABANDONED ISRAEL there would still be Fundamentalist in the Middle East listing us as enemies. THAT is why you are being so simplistic as to be unrealistic. The world is not black and white, Khan. There are complex relationships that prevent us from simply throwing up our hands and saying 'oh you're right, Israel sucks, so we're no longer supporting them.' Not to mention that fact that Israel is not anti-Western, as the fundamentalist are, or the fact that Israel would still exist even without US help. Or that Israel kicked the **** out of the whole Arab world by themselves and there is no reason to believe they wouldn't again. And what happens to Mubarak in Egypt when we switch sides and support the anti-West forces? What happens to Saudi? Are you going to be magnanamous when the fundamentalist squeeze off the oil supply to get further concessions from the West? I doubt it.

The size of the Israeli population is irrelevant. The Palestinean population is not that big either. The Israelis are stable allies. The fundamentalist are not. As the Taliban PROVE, and as Saddam PROVES, they are more likely to turn against us once they've gotten what they can. Why would we abandon an ally for that? Makes no sense. Why would we hang Mubarak and the others out. No way.

"What I don't want to see is foreign policy pitting us against nations and the world when instead we could be working with them and with their economies to help us prosper." -Khan

What nation are we pitted against? The Taliban are not a recognized nation and neither are the Palestineans, and neither is bin laden or his ilk. Every recognized nation on the planet has condemned this act. So what are you talking about?

As for your last statement about our foreign policy

4. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Manny, you just misread me. I am saying that to abandon Israel and look favorably in policy on the fundamentalist, we would be abandoning not only Israel but ALSO Saudi Arabia and Egypt since they are pro-West. So we agree, I think.

5. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Does bin Laden wear a blue turban? Isn't that the guy that's supposed to start WWIII?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

my vague and possibly inaccurate recollections of Nostradamus' predictions....

Some guy named Perse, who wears a blue turban, and takes monday as his holy day would reign terror on the world

Just prior to this reign of terror the U.S. and Soviet Union would become friendly.

10 years of bad weather and natural disasters would occur before the big war.

New York and San Francisco (the new city) would be bombed in the War.

The United States (america) would obliterate somebody in a small War, sometime just before the big one. (Gulf war?)

All three powerful Kennedy's would have been dead. All killed by the same person. All killed by the antichrist called Perse.

After the war, there would be nothing but peace.

A president born under the sign of Libra would lead America to victory and would lead the world to peace.

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Okay... Time to tell my story... Let me catch my breath...

I'll share with everyone my experience today, since I work 4 blocks from the World Trade Center of of Broadway"... I'm okay now, but I was covered from head to toe in dust earlier. After the second attack, I felt our building shake, and I went down to see what the hell was going on (after announcing to everyone that I was going home for safety). I was outside looking at the damage with some other co-workers, and I saw the first Tower fall onto Broadway. I saw the fire spread across the first building, and the windows started breaking. Then, like something you see on a Fox special, the whole damn thing came down. Pandemonium struck, people were screaming, and everyone was running for their lives, including me. It looked like that scene from Independence Day after the Empire State Building was destroyed (except this was debris and thick smoke). A huge avalanche of debris was billowing down Broadway at an incredible speed towards us. I ran to Battery Park, where I ducked into a restaurant for a while (after some panicked people smashed a window or two). After a bit, I went outside, and everyone was running again. Apparently, the second Tower had come down. Occasionally, there were low rumbling airplane sounds overhead (which forced me to dive back inside for fear of another attack). The scene was like a blizzard of smoke. I had to put my t-shirt over my mouth as a mask, and my eyes were stinging. The entire area is a disaster zone full of debris and thick black smoke. The streets were/are caked with dust, and it felt like it was snowing downtown. You couldn't even see in front of you in the dust cloud. The streets are now filled with nothing but sirens of fast-moving ambulances and fire trucks. People are in walking around in the streets dazed. It's amazing. The Towers are not there anymore. They're completely GONE. I have a perfect view from 5th Ave. outside my apartment building near Union Square, and there's nothing left of them. Lots of smoke (like a volcano just erupted) and blue sky. That's it. It's the eeriest thing I've ever seen. The first attack was at 8:45. I was on the N&R at the Cortlandt subway station (underneath the Twin Towers) at 8:40, 5 minutes before the attack. Geez.

My fiancee saw the first plane strike Tower One on her way to school. The plane was flying really low (low enough to know it was an American Airlines flight), and she saw the plane clip the side of the building.

My best friend, who works at Deutsche Bank literally across the street from the Towers, swears his office is probably gone now. His building was evacuated between the first and second attack (and lasted until well after the second crash), and he also had to run from the collapse of Tower One. He said lots of people were milling around and watching the blaze almost directly underneath when Tower One collapsed.

It's a war zone here. Supposedly, the debris hit as far as Brooklyn. Who knows when I'll be able to go back downtown for work...

Yung-T and basso like this.
  8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

HayesStreet: Agreed. If anything this will make us intensify troops in the Middle East. It's like a line has been drawn in the sand, and now it's our turn to respond--and to respond with a vengeance. I can see why some people would wish that we just stay out of the conflict in the Middle East and not choose sides; however, if we did that--I think it would make us look like a weak nation, exactly what these sick individuals want. For them to kill themselves because they think it will make them look even better toward God is very disturbing. Just imagine their reaction if we decided to no longer side with Israel. It's like someone else said: it's the bully that keeps picking on you but each time he picks on you he takes more risks in trying to hurt you.

It's not the first time that you and me have misunderstood each other. BTW - Who's Bingo...is that Da Dakota?

9. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Damn Vescey!
    Your story is amazing! I felt sick all day about this incident just watching it on TV in Houston!
    I can imagine the fear in the air for you New Yorkers! My heart goes out to you all and hope you can get back to normal life ASAP.

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Vescey-Glad to hear your OK. Your account of the situation was truely amazing, I hope everyone you know is OK. Please keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad you are ok Vescey.

DaDakota

12. VesceySux

Thanks for the concern. Everyone I know is safe, thank God. I spoke to a co-worker of mine who said that everyone else at our office was safe as well. As expected, none of my co-workers are going to work tomorrow (not that I would go anyway). The phone lines have been crazy all day. I can't seem to call out without getting a busy tone (on both my normal phone and cell phone). Oddly enough, though, people can call me. So, I've been waiting for others to contact me (while I use email to contact them...). It took me a few hours to confirm that my brother and friends were safe.

Once again, my brother took a few pictures of the tragedy.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I think that is where my cousin works. I know it is some German bank in that area. She said that she was in the elevator of her building when the 1st plane hit knocking out the power. She got out and left when they evacuated the building. She lives only a few blocks away and is now staying with a friends grandmother who lives past 80th

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

This is a sad day.

#174 Sonny, Sep 11, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  15. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Damn, a third building just collapsed!
    World Trade #7!

:(

16. VesceySux

2 more tidbits:

I asked my fiancee to describe the first plane crash in more detail. She said that the plane was flying down 5th Ave. and was very, very low. She could definitely see that the plane had an American Airlines logo on it. Also, she said the plane was flying a bit wobbly and the wings were going up and down, almost like it was out of control. She stared in horror as the plane collided with the building and sort of clipped it on the side. After an explosion, she said the plane simply vanished from sight.

Also, another friend of mine was in the PATH station under the WTC when the first attack occured. He said the station quickly filled with smoke as people filed out, confused and oblivious to the crash.

Update: A third building has just collapsed. :(

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Sonny

A guy I work with had his girlfriend in the World Trade Tower. She was in the stairwell during the plane strike. She got out before the collapse thank god.

Also a company www.espeed.com that was a potential buyer of my company "was" on the 108th floor I believe. I dont think they will be buying us anytime soon....

I hope everyone is ok. We will get these SOB's.

18. Sonny

He wrote "I fear that we have awoke a sleeping GIANT" not a dragon.

19. Sonny

This isnt the right post to complain about our foreign relations.

If a country is one of our allies, then we give them aid and support. We even give support to our former enemies. (Russia)

I dont know who did this, but I hope it is not an American again.

#179 Sonny, Sep 11, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  20. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

uhh, I was answering a direct question. Sorry if this doesn't fit your idea of the right forum (as if the Other NBA was the correct place?). I'll be sure to check with you next time...