1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

And some people are not with you accusing others of rationalizing terrorism. Khan did no such thing. He pointed out a possible reason for terrorism. There is a difference.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm sorry this isn't a problem you can just go out and solve just like this. Why do people murder? Because they're sick. Terrorist are the same way. And if helping people makes us "oppressor", then that is not our fault, it is the fault of the terrorist and their country. And they'll learn soon not to screw with us.

3. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Space Ghost,

I don't think we can establish what their motive is and who they want to kill, but anyone with the capacity to do the evil that has occured today, I don't hold them above any action.

Over 50,000 people work in the World Trade Center Area, obviously they have no regard for life, whether it is the president or a janitor it is still just as wrong. And if someone actually did this as an act of religion and stated not to kill the president versus a multitude of bystanders than I see that as incredibley ironic and ignorant on the part of someone doing something for God who believes all peoples lives are equally precious....

4. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

If you live in Houston you'd know that the roaches are still there.

So should we not take this as an act of war?

So about today...what should we do? Nothing? Stop giving $ to Isreal? Meet the terrorist demands? Send a letter of apology and ask them to please not do that again?

What?

5. RocksMillenium

Think of it this way, people want the US to solve the problem and work on the problem. How can they do that when the freaks hit and run a a bunch of cowards. They tried attacking Camp David because 1.) It is the President's vacation home and 2.) It had something to do with the Israeli peace agreement. This freaks are monster, murderers with no conscience and no sense of responsibility. We had to shoot down our own civilian planes to stop this monsters. We have one of the biggest rescue missions in history underway. The time for talking this out ended when these freaks bombed the US and then the Palestineans ran out onto the streets chanting "God is great". They want a fight, they got one.

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Unbelievable

My thoughts go out to all those injured or killed and their families.

Unbelievable

7. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Oh, make no mistake about it. This is indeed an act of war and those who partook in this mission, as well as those harbouring them, should be eradicated.

However, I also believe the US govt should not send $$ to Isreal for a number of reasons. Let individuals contribute if they wish, but not state sanctioned support. Just my opinion...

8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Hi guys, reporting from Manhattan. I was on my way to school when the train got held at 79th. I was late, so screw it I decided to walk the rest of the way- then a friend stopped me in the street and told me what happened. This is madness. Two of the biggest freaking buildings in the world are missing from the skyline in smoke. This is the most highly coordinated terrorist act ever, in the history of the world.

A lot of you guys need to understand that unless a particular country claims responsibility, we can't just declare war in any traditional sense of the word. Welcome to modern terrorist warfare. There are no borders. Of course we will hunt them down- you know the boys at the Pentagon are going to take this very personally, there is going to be some very serious action. But it isn't as if there is some country we can go and declare war on. That is the nature of terrorism.

By the way, I'm fine, hanging out at Juilliard. The transit is frozen, hopefully I'll be able to get back home at 189th- I know they aren't going to bomb the ghetto.

peace to all. Today let us pray and mourn.

basso likes this.
  9. F.D. Khan

Art,

What I am saying is that we must be prepared to see repercussions go on if we are aiding a minority to violently control a majority area. We are putting ourselves at odds with a large group of people that are economically, monetarily and socially burned and are lashing out against the benefactor of the ones who did this to them.

I have my own opinions about whose right or wrong, but that is not the issue. The issue is that with our unwavering, unilateral support of Isreal, their actions are seen as our actions. When US tanks are overrunning Palestinian villages, of course they will cheer if something like this happens here.

I'm just saying within this conflict, in an unbiased manner, help the situation to be resolved and not ally ourselves with a state that is seen to be oppressing people otherwise attacks will go on i'm sure. That is why I keep stressing the root of the problem. As for the attackers.....I hope they not only face judgement on Earth but God punishes them in the afterlife as well.

FDK

10. RocksMillenium

Glad to see your ok Nolen! :) Our prayers go out to you and the victims and those close to or around the victims. This is sad, and scary.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am appalled, as are most of you here.

We need to take steps INSIDE our airports to stop this from ever happening again.

I would like to see Pilots and Stewerdesses armed with at least a tranquilizer gun.

Maybe isolate the cockpits, bullet proof them so that the passengers do not have access.

More importantly, we have to HUNT DOWN anyone who had anything to do with this, I have to believe that they had help on the ground at all these airports, somehow they got guns...etc on those planes.

Most importantly, my prayers go out to all those who are affected by this COWARDLY act.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

DaDakota

12. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

The way I see it though is that if the Palestineans are responsible, we won't need to give any more $ to them.

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Just to correct my earlier statement, apparently the four planes that were hijacked and crashed were hijacked out of only three airports rather than four. Two were out of Boston's Logan airport.

14. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I think the "issue" is what happened today and if the Palestineans are responsible I don't think any American cares who's side they are on or what their cause is. If Palestineans are responsible, they haven't seen anything yet and I think most Americans would not only ok but encourage an "invade and destroy". I don't care who get's the shell that remains.

I think you're trying to drag Isreal in on this and that may be the "reason". The reason doesn't matter. As I stated before, Murders, Rapists and Child Molesters have reasons, but that doesn't matter once the crime has been committed. Especially if it was you're loved one that was murdered, raped or molested.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is sad. Appearently people are selling debris on Ebay.

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Khan,

I think you are simplifying this WAY TOO MUCH. First of all, if this was Bin Laden (who is Saudi, not Palestinean) then reversing our policy with Israel will not be the only thing to stop these attacks. We would also have to break relations with the Saudi government, and the Kuwaitis, and Egypt. Also, much of the fundamentalist angst is NOT RELATED to Israel, but to the regimes in the formentioned countries, and to our support of the pre-fundamentalist Shah of Iran.

Also, the Israelis get weapons from Russian, China, France, and a host of other countries. If it the sight of US weapons that is causing the attacks, why didn't Beijing get bombed? Why not Paris?

Also, I just was watching satellite images of Palestineans CHEERING IN THE STREETS over this act. Are these the people we are supposed to embrace. You'll find no Americans dancing in the street when an Israeli kills a Palestinean. Or at least you wouldn't have. Now I'm not so sure.

I don't think you are a terrorist or a sympathizer. You have been very clear on that. But as I've discussed with Dylan in the other thread: If you give legitimacy to terrorism AS A MECHANISM FOR CHANGE, then you are only setting yourself up for more of it. It won't stop with the Israel/Palestinean conflict. Next it'll be oppressed workers in S. America, then N. Koreans who watched their family wither away because of sanctions, then Russians who don't like our corporations investing in Siberia, then Native Americans still pissed about the treatment they got...this is not a road you want to go down.

17. Hydra

Hydra Member

I think that the celebrations by Palestinians, and the attacks themselves if they can be traced back there, shows what Palestine thinks of our attempts at peace. I would be behind fully sanctioning whatever military action Israel wants to take. So, I guess I am taking the complete opposite stance to Khan on how to get to the root of the problem. When there are ants coming into your house, you don't try to make nice with the ants, you go in and destroy the ****ing nest.:mad:

18. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I'm just crossing this over instead of switching between two places:

...you should know that with a bully once you freely give your 50 cents up, instead of resisting, the bully won't stop beating you up. Next time it will be for your hat, or shoes or just the way you look. Bullies are cowards who pick on people that can't/won't defend themselves. What kind of message do you think it'll send to the world if we now withdraw our support for Israel? I guarantee you will see an INCREASE in terrorism not a DECREASE. Once you legitimize this type of action by giving it creedence you'll have ALL KINDS of radicals using the same approach. Not that you would say 'I think this is a moral action' but that you would send the message 'this will work. It will cause them to rethink their policy.' Its deeply ingrained in the American ethos that of all the countries in the world we are the one that won't be bullied. There is no reason to change that now. In fact, this is the time to give notice to the cowards of the world. We will find you. You will not stay hidden for long. THIS IS NOT THE WAY YOU GET US TO CHANGE OUR POLICY.

19. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

This is so f***ing eerie.
    (I apologize if these have/were just reported/noted, I haven't read through the entire thread yet :()

My local news (here in Cali) is reporting that one man from one of the planes headed for the WTC, was able to make a call to a 911 dispatcher. He said he was locked in the bathroom, the plane had been hijacked, and they were 'going down'.

This is so sad :(

Also, something from Nostradamus (I normally don't believe this.. but..):

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures,
    the great leader will succumb"

Two brothers - Twin towers?
    Fortess - Pentagon?
    Leader - Bush? (Not sure about the 'great' part, though)

"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

Take this for what it's worth.
    Soo.. soo.. sad :(

#159 Iron McFist, Sep 11, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  20. F.D. Khan

I actually don't think I am simplifying the Problem.....

I feel it is extremely simple.

Last Week: The United States left a Racism Conference Because they wanted to Discuss Israel's policy of Apartheid of individuals in a country based SOLELY on race.

What is a Palestinian and/or muslim supposed to think? Unilateral, unwavering support for Israel is the clear and simple cause behind 99% of US/ Arab tensions.

The population of Israel is equivalent to that of Houston, so why are we creating enemies out of an entire region!!

We have associated ourselves so much so that the United Nations Human Rights council ousted the US from its group!!

The United Friggin States not on the Human Rights Council!!!!
    Why are we doing SO much for Israel, I just don't understand.

I have friends that work in that building......they could be dead right now....I was there a few weeks back...I could be dead right now.....Over What!?!? It makes no sense to me that we have chosen sides in a battle that is not ours. Now people may see me as biased....Yes I Am VERY BIASED TOWARDS:

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Every opinion i have made I see as the best interest of the United States, not the Palestinians, Muslims, Jews, Isrealis ,Chinese..whatever...
    I love this country and will strive for what I believe in the keep this country the pinnacle of the world.
    What I don't want to see is foreign policy pitting us against nations and the world when instead we could be working with them and with their economies to help us prosper.