1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. davo

davo Contributing Member

As inflammatory as this is, lets not get carried away. So far all we have confirmed is four airline highjackings and assocaited suicide missions. While that is horrendous enough, it is not worldwide pandemonium yet, and is within the capabilities of a powerful but isolated terrorist entity.

If this was an act by a terrorist group, it should not cause a world war - who will the enemy be? I don't see a massing of allies behind someone like Osama Bin Laden.

These people do not have the wherewithall to fight a conventional war - only cowardly, highly visible attacks on innocent, unsuspecting citizens.

Lets just hope they don't have nuclear weapons.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Lets "hope" they dont have Nukes . Im right here next to Vandenberg AFB where they launch all the Missiles , And they are at Threatcon Delta which is of course the highest level of alert , It also basically means that people right now have their fingers on buttons that could take out entire nations . Bin-Laden has been wanted for 3 years ever since he blew up the Embassy in Kenya .

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Didn't somebody say that London was a victim of a terrorist attack? We'll find out who did this, and they'll pay. Big time.

4. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I don't think they have nukes or they would have used them. The casualties may be as high as a nuke though.

I don't think it will be a world war - just us against "them" (whoever it is.) Once "them" is identified, cleansing should take place however you want to do it. You cannot let these cowardly acts continue. As you can see they are getting exponentionally worse each time. I do see this as war and I am not against "them" civilians getting killed. As sad as that may be, that is war. War is not always clean as we are finding out.

5. Timing

Timing Member

Khan while you're attempting to be an apologist for terrorism why don't you turn on a tv set and try to fathom how many tens of thousands of people just died today. There are many nations who actively support terrorism. If any played a role in this attack, they should pay quite dearly.

6. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Bin Laden has pilots on his payroll. Three were convicted a couple of years ago in the East African terrorism acts.

It is shocking at how easily (at least) 4 US flights were hijacked in concert.

7. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Timing, try to understand Khan is not apoligising for these acts! He is merely stating a reason they happened. Reason and justification are NOT the same things! I want to know the reasons this happened today, if nothing else so I can know what to watch for tomorrow.

I fully agree that those who helped in this attack need to suffer complete eradication. Just don't take it out on Khan or call him a sympathizer...

8. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

I did not take Khans posts as supporting terrorism. I have yet to read a post on this thread doing any such thing. What I got from Khans take was that the root cause of the problem should be looked at. I have no objections to that statement.

Just because someone has something else to say other than the norm (i.e. lets go out and blow X country away) we should not condem them or flame them for that.

That is one of the unique and excellent qualities of this country.

The facts have not come out yet as to who is responsible or taking accountability for this tragic series of events.

9. Timing

Timing Member

Frankly I don't care why it was done. I don't think Khan quite understands what just happened today. I think about 50,000 American soldiers died in Vietnam. Considering it's reported that the WTC has 200,000 visitors on a daily basis, it's quite possible that more Americans died today than in the entire Vietnam War. Take a while and try to grasp that.

10. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Thanks Dylan for trying to help clear up my stance...

Everyone,

I'm not an Apoligist or a Legitimizor of these horrendous, evil acts. All I am trying to do is pinpoint the reason why?

I am in the financial markets and I know people that might have even been in that building, hell I was in that damn building a few weeks back!! The people that did it should not only be hunted and destroyed, but any accomplices including governments should be dealt with.

But just like when you're managing a company you look at the scenario that led to weak earnings, versus that of just getting upset. Therefore let us try to remain calm and in addition to finding the culprits behind this tragedy, lets do what we can to prevent any future acts of this nature. In order to fully eliminate any form of terrorism is impossible. Even a martial law state cannot eliminate it.

Therefore let us solve the problem that is creating this sentiment against our beloved nation. I love this country with all my heart and am looking out for American Interests. To hell with the middle east. Why are we involved to the point that it is affecting our way of life?? Everyone has their problems......why don't we take and unbiased stand to help them negotiate, because by siding with one side we are becoming associated with all the actions of the other side.

11. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Timing,
    Look no one is saying what has happened today is right. What has happened today is an American Tragedy. I am praying for the families that have lost loved ones.

America will be quick to act when they find out who is responsible. I do not think anyone questions that. But lets be more open to allow others to express their feelings rather than associate them as terrorists.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Please President Bush, see us through this....

13. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I have said before that relations are the most important thing against attacks. I don't believe in the "no-fly zone". That's another story.

Today is a day for morning.

Tomorrow we can look at the cause and prevention for the future.

We have the disease today and now we must fight it. Prevention is not someone who has just be told he has a severe disease wants to discuss. Expecially today.

14. Timing

Timing Member

He can express whatever feeling he wants and so will I. He's trying to rationalize terrorism while the buildings are still smoldering. Sorry, I'm not with that.

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

One major things this brings home is that our security at US airports is complete crap. There were at least FOUR planes hijacked at FOUR SEPARATE AIRPORTS.

That's ridiculous.

16. buffalospeedway

khan,

well said. it takes a step back from the situation to see the larger picture here.

critics of khan,
    no one on this board is condoning terrorism. however, it would be irresponsible for the american government to deny that some of their actions could possibly lead to retaliation from people of other nations worldwide, and the middle east and latin america specifically.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Notice how they did not hit the whitehouse hard? They had strict orders. DO NOT KILL THE PRESIDENT!

Right now, the Prez is in Shreveport, La. Everyone here in La wants him to move on before planes start dropping over here.

18. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The President wasn't at the White House this morning anyway. He was in Florida.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually they did try to kill the president, they just couldn't get to him. One of the planes headed to Washington was shot down. Trust me, if they could have found Bush, they would have killed him.

20. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Timing,

There is a reason behind everything, and instead of the prototypical "kill em all" attitude, I want this over. I don't want anything resembling this tragedy ever in the US. But all i'm saying is lets solve the PROBLEM.

Lets say you leave food out in your house, hence you will get roaches and insects. You can spray and spray and kill insects but they will still return because the food is being left out. Now if you put away the food, you have eliminated the problem.

A horrible example I know, but I would think that we are the most advanced nation in the world, so lets not act like a bunch of heathens at a lynch mob. For every action there is a reaction.
    I don't want any more reactions of this kind.

Now i am speculating that this is a Palestinian based problem attack, before I have any proof or knowledge.

I'm just so sick and tired of dealing with their problems at the expense of our sanctity. The fact is Isreali tanks paid for by US tax dollars and the billions given annually to a country with a population the size of houston (it comes out to about $15,000 a year to each Israeli citizen in just monetary aid, not including weapons etc) will make the US the culprit of any of their actions......

I for one want to end the reason behind this tragedy, not do something that will exponentiate the problem. I have been to places in the Middle East and the third world and that makes me love our country even more. The Palestinian/Israeli conflict is no doubt the root of 99% of our whole societies angst with the middle east.

Now why are we putting ourselves in this damn situation, our people are dying because of their problems?? Enough......i'm not here to say which country is right or wrong, but our money given is choosing a side so we are seen as the oppressors...