1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I guarantee we will do everything possible to hunt down these bastards. This was a cowardly, cowardly, cowardly act. I hope these worthless piece of **** people realize they will get what is coming! O yea!

2. Timing

Timing Member

There is no justification for the cold blooded murder of tens of thousands of civilians. This is as close to a declaration of war as you can get. Shake yourself man.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This is truly sad. Osama Bin Laden or whoever is behind this should pay bid time. No one can now blame US for an offensive against the Taliban Government. It is time to rid the world of the freakin idiots that do these types of things.

4. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

The Japanese Admiral that led the attack on Pearl Harbor wrote that he 'feared we have woken a sleeping dragon.' Some people never learn. Initially this will strike fear into Americans everywhere, but as the saying goes...'you know what you done, you done ****ED up.' This is going to galvanize us into action and I don't mean concessions in the middle east. :mad:

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Someone just told me on the phone that 2 planes were hijacked from London Heathrow and that the City of London is being evacuated. Apparently this is a worldwide thing.

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

"accross110thstreet" hasn't posted in a while -- any news from the front?

Hoping you're okay.

#106 Vengeance, Sep 11, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

They are evacuating the City (which is like downtown NY in London) and Canary Wharf (a large financial center). Haven't heard anything about London hijacking on the BBC.

8. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

will someone please post a bbc news link?

9. Timing

Timing Member

The FBI says a total of 4 planes have been hijacked. Two crashed into the WTC, one down outside of Pittsburgh, and no word yet on the other one.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

the fourth would have crashed into the pentagon, right?

11. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I heard the other one went down at Camp David. This is the anniversary of the Camp David accord.

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

13. PhiSlammaJamma

The sky is very busy over head. Choppers all over the place.

14. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I believe Camp David was on 9/17/78

<a href="http://usinfo.state.gov/regional/nea/summit/cdavid.htm">Here's more info</a>.

15. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

156 people on board the American Airlines planes that hit the towers. No ida about the jumbo jet that landed in PA. Untold numbers in the WTC and below the towers when they collapsed. Unbelievable. Our lives in the US will never be the same, both as a result of our personal reactions and the US reactions to the events today...

16. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Timing,

Declare war against who?
    You can fight a country but not a people. I just ask everyone to look at roots behind a problem and not say lets kill this guy and that guy, though I do belive they should be hunted down and eradicated to scare anyone else thinking about doing anything like this.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I can't believe this!! I work for a defense contractor's corporate headquarters and all of our contracts, which are usually with the Air Force, have been shut down. If this isn't the work of Bin Laden, then it's someone who has ties with him. Don't think that Bin Laden doesn't know who did this. Let's just pray and hope to God, that the bastards that did this are found out and are exterminated and quickly. I know that they want us to panic and go into mass chaos and start a World War III, but if we can find out who did this and deal with it as swift as possible, then I think we can avoid a World War. However, Det's post about this being a worldwide thing is a truly scary thought, one that would make a World War imminent.

Let's show the world what happens when you f*** the US, and let's do it in a way that will not make anybody else even think of doing such a heinous thing.

God be with the families and people who have lost their lives today over this senseless violence.:(

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Just heard that the Canada-US border has been shut down.

Also, all Canadian flights have been cancelled. People are being sent home from the airports. Some overseas flights scheduled to arrive in the US have been diverted to Canada.

The CN tower in Toronto has been evacuated as a precautionary measure, although it is not believed that Canada is a target.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow this is seriously like a movie . I cant believe what Im seeing , To think All These guys were just waiting to attack and we were totally unaware . And another thing that creepy is the Date Today , 9 11 . God Bless America

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks vengeance.

things have been pretty crazy, obviously.

the phone lines were acting up for a while, but most news staions here in New YOrk were not broadcasting, due to the fact that some of the satellites were on the WTC.

all bridges and tunnels into Manhattan have been closed.
    all subways are certainly SCREWED.
    THe mayor has declared a Terrorist Alert, warning everyone to stay home or at their place of business. He has told all New Yorkers in Lower Manhattan(below Canal Street) to
    "Get Out. Walk , do whatever you have to do to get out of the area and walk north."
    All local hospitals are flooded, every police, fire, and emergency crew member is on duty right now.

Downtown must be a spectacle.

Right now I am in shock. There is no more World Trade Center.

The Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City?

NOthing compared to the grand scale of this attack, not to mention from terrorists from another country.

I will post as soon as I hear something new.

safe in uptown Manhattan,

Astrodome and basso like this.