1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Jesus, did you just purpsosfully read every third post or something? Skimming is fine but then don't comment or you'll like an idiot. He already said he made a mistake. Geez, pull your head out of you @ss next time before you start criticizing others. At least TRY to look like you know what you're talking about, moron...

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I am with you on putting the US first. But you cant severe ties with the world in order to appease terrorist. Terrorism can only be dealt with one way, Swift and Precise action.

We have been linked with Israel every since its creation. World War II was fought to free the world from the tyranny that killed 6 million Jewish people. Britian and the US will always support Israel.

I dont think we are picking sides. Israel and Palestine both have valid points about the land over there. It seems like for every inch Israel tries to give, the Palestinians want a foot. I dont think there will ever be peace over there. Israel will probably wipe out what's left of Palestine and then the Arabic nations will attack Israel and then that could spark WWIII. Chaos.

I know someone already mentioned that the Palestinians had people in the street celebrating, this disgust me. How can you condone this kind of violence? To Justify violence with Religion is horrible. God doesnt want people to die. Not the innocent.

I dont know what allies or pacts Afghanistan has but if Osama is responsible then we should invade and destroy the Taliban.

I dont know if anyone heard Senator Orin Hatch - (R) Utah on CNN, but I really liked what he had to say. He mentioned Iran, Iraq, and Libya and said that they wouldn't be stupid enough to do this, knowing what we would "bring down on them."

Also, I would not rule out using thermo-nuclear weapons to destroy these vermon. Look at the loss of life that we could encounter invading Afhghanistan, look at the losses Russia had when they tried. They are basically in the middle of a Civil War though so it could be easier.

3. Sonny

Well he could have went back and edited his first post. I have actually read every post.

4. dylan

Hmmm, wrong answer, try again. Look at the last post on the first page. Here, I'll help you out:

"I thought I read that this happened right before the day started. Maybe I misread or misunderstood. "

Not the brightest bulb on the tree, are you?

5. Sonny

"Jesus, did you just purpsosfully read every third post or something? Skimming is fine but then don't comment or you'll like an idiot. He already said he made a mistake. Geez, pull your head out of you @ss next time before you start criticizing others. At least TRY to look like you know what you're talking about, moron... "

Try and hit the F5 button, you see what it does it refresh the page which updates your monitor. I can write all this down if you need. I fixed my post and said this isnt the right post, not forum.

If you want to check with me before you post next time that's not a problem with me. You can email me sonny@altra.com or we can meet in person and "discuss it." I would favor the later. Peace.

6. Sonny

Drop it man, I have other stuff do besides playing BBS tag. There is an outside world, go get a basketball and quit humping the keyboard. This is not the right time to be flaming people. I saw that he apoligized, I removed my post, so its over.

I still can't believe this happened. It all seemed like this was Independence Day part II or something... The buildings blowing up and everything. :(

7. dylan

Lol, you still don't get it. This WAS the correct post becuase I was answering someone's direct question. You do understand that sometimes posts have several topics don't you? This might make it difficult for you to follow but it has been known to happen, especially in 6 or 7 page threads.

This was about you trying to criticize two different posters for mistakes they a)didn't make, or b)already noted.

However, in the future, I will be sure to not respond to any posts of yours for at least 24 hours to make sure you don't edit the post to correct YOUR mistakes.

I realize I overreacted (everyone's emotions are pretty wacko today), but at least try to bear this in mind. Try really really hard to make sure you know what you're talking about before you go after someone next time...

8. Sonny

I will be sure to do that. Thanks. Remember to follow your own rules though...

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

well, folks it all started here.

yesterday morning when I heard of the first crash, my first instinct(like with any news or important information) was to post a message here at the Cluthcity BBS.

It's amazing now, to read this thread and watch the news unfold before our country's very eyes. I look back now and remember my first reaction to an AIRPLANE flying into the WTC, I was shocked, but it seemed like something out of News of the Weird, some crazy, fluke accident. The general atmosphere around my apartment(in East Harlem, on the upper upper east side of Manhattan) was nothing to be concerned about. we have no television, so I signed online and turned up the volume of the radio which woke me up.

I started posting this very thread when the news of the second crash came over the wire.

now i was concerned.

over the next hour and a half< all I had was a radio as I heard each breaking news story
    -Pentagon hit
    -1st collapse
    -crash in PA
    -second collapse

AND ITS ONLY 10:30 in the morning.

I kept pacing around the apartment, full of anxiety, not a clue what to do next. then the phone calls came flooding. We couldnt call out of Manhattan, no one could call in after a while.

Finally I left my apartment to find MEDIA, and the entire neighborhood was out on the street. it was crazy. not a cop in sight.

I watched the footage that the country got to watch live.
    I cant imagine, some of you watching that second explosion right there on TV. But then again, you can imagine what it is like here in Manhattan.

Today, the streets are desolate. it is a ghost town in NYC, very creepy. no one is talking, it is quite depressing. friends and family have been contacting everyone, trying to find whos who in this mess.

we are trapped on an island that was just bombed with airplanes that were hijacked.

that is our reality folks.

#189 across110thstreet, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
    basso likes this.
  10. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Yep and right at 9:05 when the post was made I had hit refresh one more time to see if anybody at posted a reply to on thread that I had posted in only to find this on the top. I clicked on it but thought it was just one of our drunk posters:D making a joke or something. so then I went to cnn.com, wouldnt load, msnbc.com, wral.com, foxnews.com, khou.com none of my normal news sites would load (my schools internet is kind of sparatic at times finally i connected to the nando times (nando.com) and confirmed the report at which point I told my history teacher to turn on the TV. which was how i found out about the 2nd plane and then everything else that happened.

11. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Thought it may be appropriate to bring this to the top to mark the 1 month anniversary.
    Our prayers still go out to those lost and their families in the attacks and to our soldiers protecting america,

12. rock

rock Member

13. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Headlights on America!!!

14. Sonny

I still feel just as sick and angered as I did that day.... :mad:

But, I am happy to see America fight back and stand together.

GOD Bless America.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bump

Pretty sure this was the main thread on 9/11. There was a second that only went two pages when the news hit that there was another plane (I think the one in Pennsylvania). Hard to believe this only went 10 pages.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

For 17yrs I carried around a hated of the wrong people until last year. I had to go back and look that horrible day right in the eye and past my overwhelming fear and pain and reexamine the footage I could find and make my own conclusion. To still believe the official lie we're told over and over again just reenforces the spell of blinding and binding that was put upon us that day. And it's not just 1 or 2 things that don't make sense or add up; it's well over 20 things that if you're objective and not blinded by 'the arabs' you realize; the state of Isreal and our own government did this horrible act and took away any chance we had to be anything close to normal or happy in the 21 century.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

^^ this guy.

As for the thread, I'm surprised it was only 10 pages. Then again, this was 2001.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Derp.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This day and the consequences of it are forever bound.
    This was used to push us into a war against a country that had nothing to do with it.
    We killed over 1000000 innocent people while still supporting the country that produced most of the terrorist that did this

Rocket RIver