1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Airline Requires Women to Remove Their Tops For Flight Attendant Interviews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 7, 2017.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...omen-remove-tops-flight-attendant-interviews/

Four year old Malaysian airline Malindo Air requires potential flight attendants to disrobe in their interviews.

According to the airline’s director of public relations, “It is the right of the employer to request potential flight attendants to expose their chests to interviewers.” He also thinks “most airlines do the same” because “cabin crew needed to be presentable.”

• They must remove their tops (but may leave their bra on) “to see if applicants had visible marks” and if they do, where those marks are on the body. The airline’s uniform is “partially see-throughs” however it includes “a corset inside and if it is covered by the corset, it is okay.”

• They also must “bare their legs thigh-high” because female uniforms have long slits so “[w]e need to know if there are scars or any marks as you can see their legs when they walk.” But don’t worry,

“The slit is also tailored in such a manner where it will enable flight attendants to move around easily, especially during an emergency.”
    While Islam is the state religion in Malaysia — Malindo Air is based in Petaling Jaya, just outside Kuala Lumpur (and home to some great restaurants) — Malaysia is just south of Vietnam, home to VietJet where the female founder argues flight attendants in bikinis empowers women.

Update via One Mile at a Time, AirAsia is trying to benefit from taking the opposite stance and has since put out a recruitment ad promising not to make prospective flight attendants take off their clothes:

• [​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This not a total surprise. If you have ever flown any Asian Airline, you quickly realize looks are definitely part of the job requirement. What does surprise me is that this is a Malaysian airline and Malaysia is 60 percent Muslim.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see the requirement for Venezuela's Avior airline...very impressive.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where do I apply to be interviewer of Mandingo Air?

6. JTQ

JTQ Member

Hahahahha Lion Air Group (Malindo is part of this group) never ceases to amaze me :D

Lion Air is pretty much the biggest low cost airline in Indonesia with ridiculously cheap airfare which comes with massive flight delays and dodgy safety record

They are already in a level of too big to fail right now, so it is not easy to punish these guys

Twice already they stranded all of their passengers in Jakarta all day because of unknown glitch in their system

There was a case of the plane door did not shut appropriately

There was a case when the flight attendant asked an attractive woman to go the cockpit and smoke with the pilot copilot

And countless others

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I think they are mostly checking arms, shoulders, small of the back etc. the corset covers all the basics.

[​IMG]

9. Cranberry_Juice

[​IMG]

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm totally okay with this, but I'm also a real *******.

BigM, SwoLy-D and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i've flown lion air yeaaars ago and will not be a repeating customer.
    also been to several airports where there were very vocal dissatisfied lion air passengers.
    haven't done air asia.

i travel mostly with thai airways when going around se-asia. singapore airlines is good too.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The men are wearing less clothing than the women. How dare they objectify them.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

dang these chicks are hot.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's the old uniform.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not getting on an airline in which the pilot and co-pilot carry brooms to the cockpit.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What if they have just won a series 4-0 ? ;)

17. heypartner

Does the hat on the right say "Tow The Line". Not your typical ceremonial headdress

Zboy likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol

For a second I thought this was the official Cleveland Indians Team plane

19. heypartner

On second thought, it's "Follow the Leader"

Zboy likes this.