1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ahah hakeem talking smack

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizard, Dec 14, 1999.

1. wizard

wizard Member

In the tnt interview during the game, hakeem responded from theus how much does you miss playing against ewing right now. he responded," alot i would love to be on the floor, i see that ewing is limping a little bit so i will take advantage of him" (laughing)..Hurry back hakeem!( he said timetable for return is 3 weeks away)

2. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Only three more weeks! That sounds good. I heard more negative things like "well into the next millenium" and "the end of January".

Hope you're right. HURRY BACK, DREAM!

GOOD EFFORT TONIGHT ROCKETS! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW AGAINST THE BIG RIVAL SPURS!

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

We need him back.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bballfanatic :

Three more weeks is "into the next millenium". [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

5. playahata

playahata Member

Anytime I hear Hakeem talk trash it encourages me. Maybe he does have just a little in the tank.

6. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Looks like hakeem wants to come back on a strong note. I hope that the rocks aren't too badly in a rut by the time he comes back. I really like how we played tonight. Big game from air bullard! I think Hakeem will carry this team once again like he did in the 2 championship runs.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Actually, the next millineum doesn't start until 2001, but who's counting?

I'm sure we'll hear all about it in the media again next year when we're REALLY going into the new millineum.

It's sick that just because the media wants it to be the new millineum that they've brainwashed to public into believing it.

COME ON PEOPLE! Are we sheep? Can we not think for ourselves? Can we not count to 1000?

1 AD to 1000 AD = 1 Millineum.
    1001 AD to 2000 AD = 1 Millinuem.
    2001 AD to ... you get the idea.

And NO! There was no year zero AD. Look it up.

Forgive me, I think I'm coming down with the Y2K bug.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Let's start the Triple Towers when he returns.

Hamilton- an agile small forward.
    Olajuwon- Power Forward
    Cato- Center

wo-hoo.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

There was no 0 A.D.? What would be so bad about having 3 months A.D.?

Does that also mean that the 1980's didn't end until 1991, and the turn of the century occured in 1901?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Let's end the stupid "when is the real millenium" debate guys... it's been done over and over and over ad nauseum on every freaking medium in the universe. Larry King's sick of it, and so are most of the rest of us... [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Tb-Cain, forget it. We're doing the millenium now. Regardless of the supposed precision of 2001, it doesn't have the numerical magic that a line of zeroes can produce. Before the media was even an entity, do you think people were celebrating the new millenium in 1000 or in 1001?

12. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Oh, well if LARRY KING is sick of it, we'd best stop right now.

To be honest, I've yet to hear anyone in the media debate the subject, but then again, I only watch Rockets broadcasts...