1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aggie Corps starting fights again??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Free Agent, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So everytime there's a celebration after a big upset and the students rush the field, they're all arrested? I'd like to see you back up this claim, Refman.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Watch your TV the next time it happens...you'll see the police setaining as many people as they can. They obviously can't physically get all of them. I distinctly recall a student handcuffed to the goalpost in 1995.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Refman, I'd prefer to not hear the intimate details of your sex life. :eek:

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn't answer my question. Where is this "b****ing" you keep referring to?

5. haven

haven Member

I don't like the idea that because the Nebraska fan knew that the Corps is insanely protective over their field means that he doesn't have a legitimate complaint (or that he should be less vocal about it). I mean, maybe it makes him an idiot...

...but he has just as much right to complain as a black guy would who got beat up after entering a white supremacy book store.

The idea that the university should prosecute any Nebraska student for trespass who happens to file a complaint is troubling. Hypothetically, if this student had suffered a serious injury, and sued for battery, should the university only then prosecute for trespass?

Personally, I think it's rude to rush the field during away games (although admit that I might do it during a home game)... but the frequency with which it's actually prosecuted would render prosecution in those circumstances malicious, imo (not in a legal sense, obviously).

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Originally posted by Refman
    Watch your TV the next time it happens...you'll see the police setaining as many people as they can. They obviously can't physically get all of them. I distinctly recall a student handcuffed to the goalpost in 1995.

So that student was arrested and charged for charging the field, and nothing else?

I've seen plenty of fields flooded with fans. It was pretty commonplace in the '70's. I only recall police trying to protect players and coaches, and at times, goalposts. I don't recall headlines '200 students arrested for running onto field'.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL!
    Greatest post in this thread.

:D

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You don't think schools want students to rush the field after victory?

They're not going to openly say rush the field (for obvious safety reasons - falling goalposts, pushing, shoving, etc.), but schools are prepared for such occurences and do not arrest their fans. I doubt any Iowa State fan was arrested for rushing the field after their defeat of Nebraska or any Louisville fan after knocking off FSU.

Gomer Pyle Field is not the home of the Cornhuskers so I would agree with you in that their fans should not have rushed the field however saying the fans got what was coming to them (a sucker punch from the back) is ludicrous.

What did you think when the VT player took a shovel into the endzone of your sacred field? I wish the Corps would have attacked him so they'd get their asses kicked by the whole VT team.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Let me first state that I feel extremely bad for the families of the injured, but go find me a college that doesn't have any hazing, jackass.

#109 arkoe, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Brilliant justification for death. It's the whole mindset that is sick. The inbred cult known as Texas A&M should be destroyed.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Mr. Meowgi, do the world a favor and don't have kids.

Even if you don't like A&M, your comments are asinine.

#111 Supermac34, Oct 31, 2002
  12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm not trying to justify the deaths, nor am I claiming that these deaths were not related to hazing. All I'm saying is that to try to blame the school for that is ludicrous. Many groups and organizations have hazing, whether the groups are subsets of a school or not. A&M isn't the only campus that has problems with hazing, although I can tell you that they try to do their best to control it.

#112 arkoe, Oct 31, 2002
  13. MR. MEOWGI

You are right but many others are in denial. Look, Im not blaming a whole school for this. I just brought it up because I don't dig the primary culture that surrounds the school. Sorry.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I accept your apology. What primary culture are you referring to?

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

All 4 branches have a code of honor/ethics? Does the corp? If they're gonna play soldier, they may as well go all out. Integrity check. Has the alleged guilty party stood up and said "yes, it was me."

16. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Aggies rushed Royal-Memorial stadium at least three or four times in the last twenty years.

Aggies rushed their own field in 98 after beating the Huskers and again in 99 after beating the Longhorns, they'd probably rush more if they didn't lose so often at home.

After every home win, do not the freshman members of the corp chase the Good Humor men across the field?

17. Refman

You started to make an attempt at actual discourse about the subject and then OBLITERATED it with this little "gem." :rolleyes:

18. MR. MEOWGI

Whoooop!

19. Refman

I think something is wrong with Mr. Meowgi...somebody call Dr. Kevorkian for some help.

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Originally posted by Refman
    I think something is wrong with Mr. Meowgi...somebody call Dr. Kevorkian for some help.

I think we should just throw him onto Kyle field... ;) :D