1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After watching this...Okafor/Noel may really be available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. csc177

csc177 Member

Goodness, the footwork of this guy reminds me of the Dream...yes I said it. I'm not sure if this guy will ever stay healthy, but if he does, watch out.

How does Philly keep Simmons, Okafor, Noel and Embiid on a roster fill of holes at other positions. I think the whispers of us landing one of either Okafor or Noel may actually come to fruition. I'd welcome Okafor...Noel reminds me too much of Capela.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9xHcmsWtQ

(can someone please embed)

2. rockets13champs

If im philly id keep em all and try to have a stacked team. U get giles this summer and now u have a power for the next 20 years

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

tbh not really much to be impressed with here. guys who are supposed to be in the league can look amazing in a gym by themselves and rightfully so. it really comes down to if he can even step on the floor healthy and if he can transition to the NBA game.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BO9xHcmsWtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. No Worries

This one is better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xlPJ3NAif8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Embiid will be an allstar if he can keep healthy.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

Not impressed? Did you watch the same video I did? Granted it's by himself, but this is a seven foot, 260 pound center we're watching move like a forward. The guy is skilled, has a little handle and smooth jumper. But to your point, he must stay healthy and show up in games.

I'm hoping this makes Okafor expendable.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

have you watch Dwight recently in his workouts in Atl? he looks like a totally new player shooting midrange jumpers and hitting them with ease. But you definitely won't see that translate during the NBA season and in games. sorry im not as impressed as you are but its just I see vids like that pretty frequently. In an open gym the level of these guys are just head and shoulders above a normal player. Thats why even the worst considered NBA player would dominate any regular open gym they would step in

1 person likes this.
  8. No Worries

Codman has insinuated that Okafor wants to start ... but ... Philly will probably ask for the moon and get it in an Okafor trade. I do not see Houston having anything (outside of Harden) to tempt the 76ers.

IMO Philly would be stupid not to at least try the Twin Towers of PF Embiid and C Okafor. PF Noel and C Embiid would be a lighter version. A 3 man rotation of Embbid, Okafor and Noel should be dominating front line.

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Does anyone miss the big man jump hook? I sure do :(

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

I still cant believe Atlanta took the bait ( you know ehat I mean), their franchise is screwed for the next few years because of Dwight.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

They did lose Horford so I'm not really sure what else they could have done. To me I think it was the right move from their perspective as far as options at the 5. Atleast its not something we have to worry about any longer now.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think you can do that in today's NBA. They are all true centers. How do you mesh that with Saric and Simmons, who are big 3s/small 4s??

Noel is the most obvious piece to go out, but of the 3, he's also the easiest to project.

13. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

this/

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even if they are available, Philly wouldn't trade them for scrubs.

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I have the feeling that Cod will appear somewhere in this thread soon.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

If you can find a center that can dominate in the low post today, you have a winner. All of theses teams going small and true big man with low post scoring and rebounding would be a terror.

17. MONON

MONON Member

You're not the only one.

As far as Embiid's vids go, I can look good on the floor by my self. Philly may answer the phone for Okafor/Noel, but why not try a 3/4/5 rotation of Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Simmons & Saric? If Embiid's as mobile as the vids indicate, that like up would work for small ball also.

18. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Embiid is our destiny... trade Harden

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Knowing Dwight, it will translate for the 1st third of the season. Then fall off again.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hmm, in the GARM because? Rox not trading for Noel or Okafor, not getting Dream Lite.

C's and Okafor? OK, mebbe. So, post this in the green pages.

1 person likes this.