1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

After the stars have set...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Jun 21, 2014.

1. treeman

treeman Member

So glamming about the stars we maybe might could get if a few magic dandelions fall into our laps is all the rage on the boards right now. But I highly suspect that any top FA thinking about coming here is going to ask how we fill out the roster afterwards. We are probably going to have to waive a few guys - guys we'd otherwise want to keep. We will be looking for vet FAs willing to go minimum in order to win a ring. So, 2 questions:

1) Who do we waive, and who do we keep?

2) Who do we look to pick up in the bloody aftermath?

My thoughts: I want to keep Troy Daniels. I know many weren't impressed with Hamilton, but I'd love to have him back on a minimum. Casspi as well. The last two, I'm not particularly attached to, and would be willing to forget for other players. But I want us to keep Daniels...

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Traded
    Lin/Asik/DMo

Waive
    Covington (for more money on max superstar)
    Casspi
    Sign and trade
    Hamilton (apparently their is said to be several teams after him, looking for a camby like deal getting us a second rounder)

Sign
    Covington min (classic morey asset)
    Sessions partial MLE (really underrated player in the FA class, does a lot of morey things like shoot the 3 and he also lead the league in FTA for bench players)
    MarShon Brooks min (love his form and 3point ability threat)
    Butler Vmin (brining more experience to the bench that can play in a few positions and spread the floor)
    Kaman partial MLE (not many big men out their that will be willing to play behind dwight, thought maybe hill but I doubt he would be willing to take a back seat, not sure Jason smith helps us so maybe Kaman is the best bet)

can't see any realistic option for the bi annual.

Team
    Bev/sessions/canaan
    Harden/Brooks/Daniels
    Parsons/butler/Garcia/Covington
    Max Superstar/tjones
    Dwight/Kaman
    +
    Draft Night
    Pick
    1st Round Pick 2014 Draft (25, my mock has us taking Clint Capela, 6"10 PF/C with a 7"4 Wingspan)
    Trade
    2nd round pick 2014 for future 2nd round pick

#2 Voice of Aus, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Where's Troy Daniels

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

we dont waive him but good point i missed him.

ill edit my original

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We demand to know Daniels is being held hostage