1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After signing Ariza, do we match Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Match Parsons?

1. Yes

378 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No

242 vote(s)
    39.0%
  1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Sorry if this thread's redundant I just wanted to get a poll mainly.

Match Parsons, Ariza could be a great 6th man and lead the 2nd unit
    Don't match, don't take on that contract and screw the Mavs with it

2. recadna

recadna Member

Since Ariza's contract is for four years, I think we match Parsons. We won't have cap flexibility in the near future anyway.

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

we have no choice..:(

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

Here's my idea : Use the remaining cap space to fill out the roster with good role player(s) , and then match Parsons. After that, START Ariza, and make Parsons the 6th man.

If he's upset about that, then he will consent to a trade (his permission is needed) after Dec. 15 . Use him to trade for Rondo or Love.

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Let the mavs overpay..

Lets get lance Stephenson on the cheap..

Insta 6thman

6. Solaris

Solaris Member

Have to match, he is the glue.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Absolutely. It would be insane to let him walk. We want to improve from last year. Letting Parsons go(to a division rival no less) and replacing him with Ariza is not improving.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes. Harden/Parsons/Ariza combo at the 2 and 3 is killer.

We just need to go acquire a PF (Anderson, Young, Ilyasova, Smith)

Backup point (Brooks, Nelson) and backup center ( Ajinca, Withey, Birdman )

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

We don't need his consent to trade him, the biggest problem is the damn 15% trade kicker in his contract.

That will make it really hard to move him.

10. cdastros

cdastros Member

Keeping Parson makes you better next year. He have to stop kicking the can down the road on our cap space. He will replace Lin as our play-maker of the bench.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Having signed Ariza, if we can get Dragic and then match Parsons, I am happy.

#11 Zboy, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sign and flip at a later date. We don't lose assets for nothing. Parsons can be flipped next summer for a 1st rounder if need be but letting him walk for nothing is dumb. All Cuban has done is make it hurt more than it should. On the other hand, I hope he loses out on FAs while he waits for us to match at the last minute.

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After Dec. 15, w/ his approval, not to Dallas. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/wayodelachica">@wayodelachica</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> If rockets match parsons would they be able to trade him?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488113790831951872">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Raven

Raven Member

I think it's vital they match, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

IMO, if they dont match, I think its the "asking his permission" part that might be the deal breaker.

Rockets dont like contracts in which they are not in control.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I have gone back and forth on this. I believe Morey is all in right now. So if they are going to match they will need to add one more piece first. So they need to move quick.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My bad. Yes RT <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug">@BimaThug</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> I don't think Parsons can be traded until Jan. 15 due to his (what used to be called) BYC status.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488115188147568641">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

If we match Parsons I don't think we'll trade him. Only way he leaves is on his own terms when he becomes a free agent again. He's only gonna be signed for two years and then get a bigger pay day after the cap increases to 80 or whatever the **** it's going to be lol. Same goes with Dwight. He'll likely opt out too since Dan Fegan cares about his players.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree under normal circumstances. But being stuck with Parsons will lead to a better product on the court than the alternative. And if that trade clause was omitted, who's wanting Parsons at that rate anyways? Plus the trade clause expires in year 2, right?

I'm sure Morey hates it but I think he looks the other way this time around.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a big mistake to not match, IMO. Youc. Don't let a valuable asset walk for free.