1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghan Forces Kill 122 Islamic State Members After Kabul Attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You mean randomly attack here and there instead of actually fighting them effectively. Still beyond me how ISIS could march into Iraq/Syria without anyone batting an eye, you'd assume the surrounding nations and Nato could've predicted the outcome we are now seeing. Should've wiped out these idiots in the first months.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The surrounding nations? I don't think you realize that most nations in the Middle East hate each other. Which country did you expect to march into Iraq when the United States has been there for the last decade? :confused:

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I do realize it, but every nation with an ounce of intelligence should've helped fighting this threat in order to prevent things from escalating and affecting their own country. A lot of middle-eastern countries are now fighting ISIS, why couldn't they help out when things just started?

I also see the angle of NATO countries not trying to risk their soldiers for something happening in the Middle East, but every idiot could've predicted that not stopping ISIS would lead to establishing terrorism and planting terror cells around the globe.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I think it's more complicated than a lot of us understand. Additionally, It's very uncertain that these small offensives are leading to any tangible long term effectiveness.

I'm not sure what the most effective strategy is to eliminate terrorism, but it's clear what has already been done has made things worse.

On a side note, I really hate how the war in Iraq has caused so many problems for the world overall and yielded legitimately zero benefit. What a waste.

At this point I think they only thing we can all hope for is that Middle Eastern (and other) countries get their heads out of their asses and become more aggressive in combating ISIS.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

ISIS is complicated, not just a homogenic group of 'terrorists'. In different ways, some nations, organisations, global corporations and individuals are benefitting from the chaos in the middle-east. ISIS was partly created by outsiders and full of contract killers, angry men who have a right to be, but just not dealing with it in a healthy way. These are still people and you need to talk to them. Treat them as monsters and animals and they will never stop. The first step to acknowledge they have some grievances that are justified.