1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

AFC Coaches: Where do you Rank Kubiak?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Fiah

Fiah Member

Bingo!

2. Beavis

Beavis Member

I have to put him last. With this high powered offense all i see is the same 3 plays over and over. run up the middle,long pass to aj,short pass to te..rinse and repeat..Its only when aj is covered that walter and casey are thrown to, otherwise they are afterthoughts in schaubs mind.

I think being around walsh,elway , is what got kubes this job. I see no innovation or guts. I think Wade has maxed out the defenses potential.This offense should be up there with the saints and packers, but it isnt because of something. Im not in the huddle,so Im not sure if its schaub or kubes. Theres to many mistakes on offense for me to give them a pass.

But I have to admit, even though i rank kubes last,i think if he had a rothlisburger or rodgers at qb,then the texans would play mistake free ball and be unstoppable. Contrary,if you replaced kubiak with cowher,and keep schaub, you would have the same stupid int's in the 4th you have been seeing for 4 years.

I will admit he is on the above average end of offensive coords, but when you have a slow immobile panicy qb throwing ints, you cant win no matter how good of a coach you are.

3. Beavis

Beavis Member

worse case scenario: the texans miss playoffs this year,and kubes is replaced with cowher,. Problem with that,is that I think kubes has maxed out schaubs potential. I dont think cowher will make this offense any more better than kubiak because you still have the docile immobile qb at hand. I know its very hard to get a great qb,but the texans have had chances and blown it,.

Kubiak/smith chose schaub over signing brees 4 years ago. Kubiak chose to keep schaub to an extension when we could have signed mike vick 3 years ago out of prison as a backup. Now vick is one of the best and would add another dimension to this offense. You also have youngsters like andy dalton the texans pass on. At this point I might even take tebow over schaub. I know tebow sucks but I think we have won all we can with schaub we need new blood.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think Kubiak's record is about where he is as a coach, which is below-average. His situation is very much above average though. Great supporting fanbase that's not overly critical(ala NY). Great facilities, stadium, rich owner, football city, etc. etc. etc. So you can't say he had issues that may explain his dismal record. Whenever he failed, it's his own fault.

Playcalling isn't the only part of the offense though. His schemes are really, really good. The offense in general is Super Bowl caliber. He does seem to fail a little too often in the clutch though. But not sure if that has to do with luck or perhaps his team not having enough of a killer instinct or whatever. But in general, our offense is as well as one can reasonably expect.

Overall, I'm happy with Kubiak's offense. Defense and overall "team management" is where I have problems with Kubiak.

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

As much as I like to make fun of Kubiak, he's not even the worst coach in Houston sports.

We got Kevin freakin McFail as a coach of the Rockets! LOL

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Judging Kubiak's body of work, I'd say he falls in the Taint zone.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Have we seen anything NEW from Kubiak in the last few years?

Hell even down 14 with 3 minutes left .. . do the Texans even try NO HUDDLE???
    Does he have faith in his HAND PICKED AND TRAINED QB to let him Audible?
    When was the last time you heard the announcer say .. SCHAUB IS CALLING AN AUDIBLE
    [well . . that ain't often enough!!]

Rocket River

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

60 yard pass play to Casey against the blitz of the Saints. I think. :grin:

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SEE!!! when he does . . GOOD THiNGS HAPPEN

FREE SCHAUB!!

Rocket River

10. Nook

Nook Member

Schaub is certainly capable of 5-10 audibles a game. He is not Brees or Manning.... but he is bright enough and has enough experience.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am still not sold on him being the leader of this team

Question: Are he and rick still joined at the hip?
    I dunno Rick's overall role but . . . this year I just don't think talent is the issue
    Rick [moreso Wade] went and got players

Is he responsible if Kubiak cannot cash this baby in?

Rocket River

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Last

[/thread]