1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Advice] How do I ask a friend out on a date?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Aug 2, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thread title is a joke. But this could be useful to cfnet's often needed friendzone advice.

Today, for my first time, I heard the candid perspective of the OP title from the girls' side who got asked out on the date.

While at the coffee shop this morning, I overheard a funny conversation between two 21yr old female, CU students. Damn, I should have recording this, they were like two feet from me in the cramped outdoor seating.

They sat down and immediately started talking about boys. One said, "So, Brad asked me out on a date." My first thought was she likes him. But, "It was so awkward." followed by laughter from both. I'm thinking poor guy got rejected.

But he didn't, technically. "He called to ask if I wanted to go to this new place on the Hill." A cheap food place that is cool. She stopped to tell her friend "you should go sometime."

"I said,,,uh, ok. But we're friends so hard to say no like that....I told Sarah, and she said, you cannot let him pay for your dinner." More laughter at Brad's expense.

They discussed Brad for like two more sentences, then started talking about the boys they like. That lasted for at least 30 minutes while I was still there. They were still going strong about the parties they've been to and the boys they've met.

Poor Brad never got mentioned again. And yet, he probably thinks the "Dinner Date" was a success, and he is planning his next move.

#1 heypartner, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well I think he knows they are just friends and this is his chance to prove otherwise.

He shouldn't assume anything, IMO.

If he does, its his own fault and yes that goes both ways.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm so confused.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

these hoes ain't loyal.

5. conquistador#11

and this is why i can never sit across a friend/lover out in public. I always sit next to them so others won't over hear what I'm telling her.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Growing up around both of my sisters, girls talk about all kinds of crap all the time...infact...some chicks throw out feeler comments with other gals...just to see their reactions. The first girl might actually consider dating "Brad" but wanted to see what her friend thought of it...etc.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How did you know their exact age?

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

HeyP... Professional eavesdropper...

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

HeyP has a good eye when it comes to younger girls...

10. Buck Turgidson

You are by far the greatest weirdest dude around here and it's frikken awesome.

I have no jokes, no jests at your expense, no trolling, no nada, nothing but respect.

Na Zdrowie!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Brad's gonna get laid!!

1 person likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good job OP

I am sure a lot of CFers came here for real advice only to leave confused.

13. heypartner

Sorry, should have provided the condensed version, before the full transcript.

I guy named Brad worked up the courage to ask his friend out on a dinner date. My post is the transcription of the conversation of the girl telling the story to her girlfriend the next morning.

I can't help but imagine Brad being a cfnetter posting a thread with my OP Title. Half of the bbs says, "Dude, you are friendzoned. Move on." The other half saying, "Don't listen to the naysayers. You can't know without asking her." Then he updates about her saying Yes to the date, and we proclaim SUCCESS.

Well, the were talking a lot about drinking parties, so I'm placing them as seniors...thus age 21 or 22....two lushes.

They were also talking about their twerking prowess. "Twerking is 80% confidence" haha true quote

Hey, they sat down next to me. :) These sidewalk tables are nearly against each other. There was no avoiding the conversation. She was a loud talker.

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Was she your type?

15. Asian Sensation

Sounds like you hear pretty well for a 70 year old. How's the niece by the way?

16. heypartner

Probably on the college scene they get a +1 to rank 7.5 for being drunk, party girls.

Brad is probably a great guy who every party girl needs as a friend.

17. body slam

body slam Member

Good for Brad. He had the courage to ask her out and he's going on a date. On the other hand who knows if he thinks of it as a date. Maybe he wanted to check the place out and wanted to go with someone he knows and is comfortable with.

18. heypartner

hmm...valid point. It is a new, popular place across from campus. Maybe the girl is over-thinking Brad's intentions. I should have interrupted the girls and asked that question on behalf of Brad and #friendzoned @cfnet.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's exactly what Brad would say.

1 person likes this.
  20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Poor brad, not only is he friendzoned, he's being discussed by a bunch of dudes on the internet.