1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman, Brooks on Aaron's reduced role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4nd4wCr5EI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4nd4wCr5EI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

(Sorry -- I don't mean to or like bumping other threads off the front for these interview videos, but this was kind of interesting. If I can get a blog post on this done I'll try to make this the comments thread for it. Thanks)

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sounds like Lowry won the job..

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think so ... or at least it sounds like he's saying Aaron's play from here forward is going to have to win it back (which is really the same thing).

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If AB wants the job, he has to go take it.

Thanks Clutch !

DD

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Sounds like both are frustrated

they aren't winning regardless of who is in the game

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Time to find out what AB is really made of.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

It seems like AB's already been making a concerted push to win the starting job back. He comes off the bench firing away trying to up his numbers as quick as possible. Unfortunately his shot's been off though.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

psh... Lebron wannabe-just wanting attention! haha just kidding! :grin:

Thanks for the vid!

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Aaron won't win back the job. Nothing against his skills or whatever, although he WOULD thrive (more) next to an Iguodala/SJax type than next to Martin.

A Brooks/Martin backcourt just gets bent over defensively.

We can be sure Morey is setting to address all this in any case, one way or the other.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah that Martin/Lowry backcourt is just locking down the perimeter.

LOL.

I support whatever Rick decides, Lowry is not playing great right now either, if Brooks wants the job back, he has to go earn it.....que cera cera !

DD

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Aaron "Thug life" Brooks' inconsistency will keep him on the bench where he belongs. :)

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, and brooks missed that soft december schedule and came back during the tough january schedule. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think you got it wrong. Lowry is running the team fairly well for the starters (he just isn't making 3's at 40%+ like earlier in the season). Brooks is the one that needs to get in gear when he subs for Lowry. Notice how fast we lose leads when Brooks come in. Not all his fault, of course, but he is the pg for the bench now, and the bench's performance has been lagging.

Everyone knows this team needs both Lowry and Brooks to perform, so I could care less whoever starts. Just win, baby!

1 person likes this.
  14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The problem with this is that the production of the second unit as a whole subsides when AB is running the point.

He looks for his shot first... Atleast lately he has.

Lee, Hill play better with a playmaking point guard

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

brooks vs. the fearsome twolves: 5-14 FG, 1-6 3PT, 6 PF
    brooks vs. the mighty grizzlies: 2-10 FG, 0-4 3PT
    brooks vs. the dominant knickerbockers: 5-15 FG, 2-7 3PT
    brooks vs. the blitzing bucks: 1-8 FG, 0-3 3PT

ya those #'s kinda suck, but i wouldn't say it is what it is because we haven't even mentioned his atrocious lazy defense yet :grin:

3 people like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rep'd.

I was just about to point that out. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the huge difference btw this one and tw's one is the goal of putting together a rotation by coach.
    i don't have any problem what RA said on this clip. he is the coach of this team. he has to make sure all players he puts on the court give us the best chance to win. whether it works or not is another story. the best chance means a better %.

in tw's clip, he said other players are playing good so no spot for tw. but he forgot team is playing bad. if he had said tw hasn't showed in practice he deserves play time, i wouldn't had have any problem. i am not here to hype tw. i have no idea he is good or not. but the way RA described doesn't make any sense.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its called pressing. He's pressing and have the thoughts of only affecting the game by scoring. Earlier after the injury, he was putting up good assist numbers even though he wasnt shooting great. Of course people say basic assist,but assist are assist. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other. If the rockets feel lowry is the better starter, so be it. I think this year, they're both out of role to say. The team isnt playing any better and the defense still sux donkey balls.

19. thesaint

thesaint Member

Dang thats a big white puss pimple on Brooks forehead. At least pop it before coming on TV Brooks.

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

1. Adelman is very loyal to his players, Lowry outplayed him all of last year and it still took a long injury layoff from AB for Lowry to get the starting job.

2. Lowry is not playing as well as last year, he's definitely not maxing his play this year, and still he is outplaying AB. So it's gonna take Lowry really sucking and AB playing better than he has ever played to get his job back.

realistically AB's days as a Rocket are numbered. I kinda predicted this over a year ago, so it doesn't really come as much of a shock.