1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What exactly is 790 thinking by putting josh in the morning. I may have to go to 610 in the morning. Thank goodness Lopez isn't on 610 mornings.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I actually like this because I do like Seth and Mike on 610 in the morning. This way I can listen to 610 exclusively in the morning and then MT in the afternoon.

Hate to see LZ go though. Have been listening to him for years and was always entertaining in the

mikol13 and persian hoopa like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Lance-Zierlein-to-leave-KBME-11217366.php

"They offered me a contract, and as time progressed I realized I was a little tired of doing morning radio and getting the early wakeup calls," he said. "Since I'm doing the NFL gig, I decided to step away from radio. "

Zierlien, who initially posted word of his career plans on Instagram, did not rule out future radio projects but said he plans to use the summer to recharge and concentrate on the draft ratings he provides for NFL Media and, if the opportunity arises, to expand his relationship with the NFL.

He said his radio contract expires in August but did not know how much longer he would be on the air with his decision to leave the station.​

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

For me, its not a hard decision. Mike and Seth are enjoyable. I hated it when they moved to mornings because they competed with Lance and Matt.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fair.

justtxyank and Fullcourt like this.
  6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

1 segment down and not a word on the move, MT gave LZ a chance but he passed over it. Maybe next segment...

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Hard to believe Koch and Kalu could last the summer but not into the NFL season, when they can actually talk about their specialty.

8. jae713

jae713 Member

I think they just mentioned it. I missed it, but some callers are saying their farewells.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

splitting MT and Ross and taking them off the midday was a disaster. so was canning charlie on the drive time.

RasaqBoi and BigMaloe like this.
  10. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Has Innes moving to mornings been confirmed? I'm just hoping it's a rumor and the management at 790 will come to their senses and realize that they'll lose a bunch of their listeners.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They are garbage. No voice for radio, no sports knowledge outside of football. Not entertaining / funny.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I caught about 5 minutes of Josh Innes today and he confirmed moving to mornings.

It's a sad day.......

mikol13 likes this.
  13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man. 790 is getting worse and worse. Hope their morning tanks. Do they not get it?

mikol13 likes this.
  14. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Well, I'll only be listening to them for Astros games when I'm not in front of my TV.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

“If Sports Radio 610 makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve.”

mikol13 likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Once they go full r****d, they can't go back. (btw, not trying to offend anybody... that line is from a movie).

The odd thing is that if they're merely chasing ratings of a dying format... they should have stuck with sure things. Every decision they've made thus far has led to decreased ratings.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ratings are declining but Josh has claimed that online numbers are good and advertisers are happy.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

"nothing to see here".gif

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think what we need in this city is another sports talk station. We're down to only , what, 4 or 5 now?

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... it would also be good if the sports talk stations actually talked sports.... and not attempted to be a Howard Stern-lite version of entertainment.