1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Acvice] Buying a Samsung tablet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arno_ed, Oct 30, 2015.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I want to buy a Samsung tablet (so do not tell me I should buy a Ipad:grin:).
    I want to use it for three things:
    1: For my (3 year old) daughter to watch movies in long car drives
    2: For my wife and me to watch series/movies on a holliday.
    3: Watch Rockets games

I have two options left:
    Samsung galaxy TAB A 9.7
    and
    Samsung galaxy TAB S2 9.7

As far as i can tell the biggest difference is that the A has a lower resolution. But I like the price a lot better. And this is just for watching movies etc.

So my question is for the people who have experience with the tab A. How bad is the resolution? We do not mind not having HD settings, but we do not want a pixelated screen.

Thanks

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Samsung sucks. Get an ipad

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141784021787?rmvSB=true

You get 500mb free data over 4G networks if you activate but you dont have to because if you run over that allotted free data its $20/month. The tablet is a pretty good deal in itself though.

Personally I think 10" tablets are too big and are an inconvenience at times. Id much rather have an 8 or 7 inch tablet. I have both and tend to use the smaller one more often.