1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AC Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamCassell, Oct 27, 2000.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Does anyone else here feel a little bothered by the way this guy is going out? He played and started all year last season for the NBA champion Lakers. He's basketball's version of Cal Ripkin, with his incredible consecutive-game streak. And now that streak's going to be broken because noone wants to pick him up for free! He's pretty old, but I bet I could name 10 (non-starting) PFs in the league who he is better than.

This is a guy who has kept the streak going through some incredible adversity, including having his jaw broken by that cheap-shot artist JR Reid. I just think its sad that he's not going to be able to end it on his own terms. I mean, as if the 40-year-old virgin thing wasn't bad enough!

------------------

2. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Agree Sammy. Sad day when a journeyman passes without a whimper. Especially after he had a fairly respectable season last year.

------------------

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

He went out with a championship ring....I don't feel too bad for him. Someone will pick him up. He still has a few good years in him.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Will the streak be stopped? You would think it would be suspended until he was actually a member of a team.

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

5. SamCassell

I read somewhere that his streak ends if he's not on a roster by the start of a season. I'm still looking for a link to the article, but it makes sense to me - it would cheapen the record if you could take a year, or even a month, off the season and then come back and continue it.

------------------

6. jaworski2000

jaworski2000 Member

If somebody would pick up AC Green, it would be his former mentor Pat Riley. The Heat are in search of any capable big men to at least fill in some of the big hole left by ZO. I even heard they're considering to sign Rony Siekaly who has been playing impressively overseas.

------------------
    President of the Sir Charles Barkley Fan Club

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Right on Jaworski...the Heat signed AC yesterday!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Green played 15 minutes in last night's game against Orlando - extending his streak to 1,111 consecutive games.

------------------

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good for him!

I wonder if he celebrated with some sex?

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

10. SamCassell

RM95, lol! [​IMG]

I read somewhere that he sometimes puts a green bear on top of his head while he's sitting on the bench - this is his way of promoting abstinence. I don't get it.

BTW, I'm very glad that Riley gave him a shot. I know he'd been campaigning to go to Miami, and I think he will do a good job there.

------------------