1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Show of Good Faith - A Film Review of Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Aug 10, 2013.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

This is a very good read, excellently written, especially by ESPN standard. A truly thoughtful, poignant, well composed and eloquently laid out essay. At first, I was surprised then I looked at the author and I am not surprised anymore. I know, I know...probably, no, definitely, the wrong board to post, but it is about one of the Rockets at least for now. So bare with me and the post. And don't read on if you hate Lin or Lin fan posts. Consider yourself prewarned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61953/linsanity-a-show-of-good-faith

1 person likes this.
  2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Very nice read. What a story. Man, those Linsanity days were crazy. The movie will be in the theaters soon....Oct is around the corner. I will definitely see the movie.

"It’s easy to forget, in the midst of the never-ending punning and the crass denigrations of Lin’s Asian heritage, that he, personally, is such a captivating, charming person. So genuine and unassuming."

So true.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

can't wait for it to come to Singapore

4. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thank you, Ynnis. Glad you like it too.

When I think back to those glorious Linsanity days, what I remember the most and what the memory still stirs in me, is a sense of pure joy, of witnessing a magical moment of improbability. The experience was and is so otherworldly. It is exactly what Rob Silverman so accurately dissected in his review. Now I haven't seen the Linsanity film yet. But I will definitely look for theaters that will be showing the film come October 4th. I also can not wait for my own, Lin signed DVD, to hold and cherish.

Below are excerpts that I like the most from Rob.

And he still has it, that focus on refining his chosen craft, and doing for the audience of ONE.

Except, Jeremy was anything but average during Linsanity. Truly a miracle run.

And here comes the best part, truly impressive insight from a non believer.

And here comes the part where Rob delves into the faith of those who are fans of anything.

We have had people ridiculing people who are fans of a player versus a team. In essence, it's the same emotional need that drives us all.

5. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Hope so too. So you live in Singapore? I've been to Singapore many times. What a beautiful city country.

6. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

I just want this film to release on DVD. It would be the first movie that I actually purchased in years, but I will do it. Just release on DVD please!!!!
    -plea from a Canadian

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No.

1. it's the right board to post it on
    2. you are not the first person to post about the movie on the board, but you are the first person to have a backhanded insult to the board
    3. These are the other posts about Linsanity the movie

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=235360
    Video: Jeremy Lin at the SXSW 'Linsanity' premiere

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=232256
    Linsanity the Movie

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=234714
    Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

4. In the other threads, you have actual people on the board who saw the movie or posted about other reviews, your post is nothing special that doesnt' belong in the other Linsanity movie threads

8. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

100% with you on this! Hope the DVD will be available sometime soon.

9. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

thanks for the update. will check it out

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Painful to read... Cringe worthy...

11. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah it's not really a film review, it doesn't even Lin singing karoake or doing laundry. for people who saw the film, little stuff like that was interesting, not the rehash of basketball highlights.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

Really? As in the original article? I find the faith part of Jeremy Lin quite interesting. His a genuine Christian and faith is obviously quite important to him

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

YES, IT WAS MOST SCRUMTRULESCENT.

1 person likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well said.

And thanks for the new thread. It would have made no sense to put this in the large thread that is regularly updated when anything new comes out about this movie.

15. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I think the faith angle is just hurting Lin. When he was about to lose his job then he played with some balls but now he's not taking things serious enough. He doesn't look like a man anymore who's carrying a huge weight on his shoulders.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

the documentary says otherwise, that's how he became a better player, he realized his plays for only one person.

17. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Wait...there's a MOVIE about Jeremy Lin????

Mind blown. Maybe we do have a shot at landing a superstar in Houston!

18. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

I would have no problem if the mods of the board want to merge this into the other Linsanity thread.

Before posting this as a new thread, i tried to look for that thread and went all the way to page 5 but didn't see it.

I opened the thread stating my case to warn people like you. Yet you just can't help yourself, could you?

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You did not. You said this is the wrong board. It's not. You're wrong. Lin is a Rocket, so it belongs in the GARM.

You can go back farther than 5 pages and put this in its logical place. It isn't hard. Unless you're using dial-up, it would have only taken a few seconds.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

He didn't post it there because he wants to take a shot at rockets fans on a rockets site with this average review. Maybe he'll submit this espn review to the Pulitzer prize