1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A reminder to the godly trio -best ever record in NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Aug 27, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Capela Harden and CP3 when healthy went 42-3 or 54-5 counting plaoyff games.

No 3 players in the history of NBA achieved that. I look forward to their future triumphs over the league. Forget about improvements of the roster and role players. We have the goat trio.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

We lost 4 in the playoffs with that trio. How did the losses only go up by two?

And if that's an error, then I imagine this is an informal claim rather than an actual statistic?

It's definitely a great trio, but that trio can not guard wing players and never won a playoff series without at least one excellent wing defender. I think they will still murder a majority of the league, but depth and wing defense are a contributor to their success that we shouldn't ignore. There will be a lot of a-ha's for 82 games and 2 playoff rounds, but when the only one that counts arrives, we better have shored up those issues a bit.

amaru likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I stand corrected as per playoffs stats its 54-7 record when counting playoffs

4. Mathloom

Is it actually goat trio though? That would be interesting.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, when we lost Trevor Ariza the first time, everyone was worried. Literally Chase Budinger made everyone forget about him. Chase. Budinger.

And guess what, our defense improved too. And that was with Kevin Martin playing heavy minutes.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

7. Mathloom

Bro, that's another team. And if you're using that to make any sort of analysis about how we will do, then your analysis doesn't give me any comfort.

HakeemOnlyFan and hakeem94 like this.
  8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Absolutely agree.

Here's the thing though, and it may be flawed on my part to look at it this way, but the main thing that sticks out is our ability to keep up with and defend GSW. Last year's roster was built to stop them - we added Luc and Tucker - solid 3 and D players. But Luc was a complete no show in the playoffs, and Ariza was more of a "minus" than a "plus" when on the court.

Ariza played against GSW 9x's last year out of 10. He had ONE game in which was he was a "plus" on the stat sheet (i think game 2 of WCF)
    Luc played against GSW 5x's last year out of 10. Regular season, he was "plus" in both reg season games (inactive for one of them), but a "minus" (by a lot) in the playoffs when it mattered most.

These numbers at least make me think (I know +/- isnt reliable or tell the whole story) - to stop and get passed GSW, would it be more beneficial to add more offense (Melo) while sacrificing a bit of defense? I'm hoping, yes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, and Aaron Brooks all scored 30+ in the same game once. Not sure if relevant to thread, but thought I'd mention it.

10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

How about the big 5 cp3 hardin capela gordon melo.
    We have to tune in :cool:

11. xaos

xaos Member

Conclusion: the actual GOAT trio

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I heard Carmelon is the third member of the big three. Has Carmelon and the new big three made the old big three obsolete? Or is it a big four now? Or big six?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Always go Bigger 6.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

And now we’ve added Melo to the mix :eek:

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We stacked @Reeko @Zboy @YOLO

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fat

J.R. likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

hakeem94 and Snow Villiers like this.
  19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Y no mention Jerry Lin

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think there is no much doubt they are the goat trio if we count only regular season games 42-3, now if we gonna count playoffs games perhaps there might be some historical aberration that is close to that ...i would like someone who is familiar with sorting stats on basketball reference and other nba stats sites to check this
    edit:
    73:9 is less than a half percent better than 54/7 so theres that