1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A NY Imam tells it like it is

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i was baptized, received first holy communion, and confirmed a catholic. i have read a catechism 3-4 times. a jerusalem bible from cover to cover, including quite a few of the footnotes if i remember correctly. i also read the majority of a koran or quran. ive been to rome.

and just because i think the three main guys (MO, wwjd, charlie muhammad hebdo) were probably cult leaders, and probably didnt have jedi mind tricks doesnt mean im hate filled. and i also dont think they should be removed from this earth. i am certain that if the two religions did not exist tomorrow the world would probably be a less violent and better place. there would be less young alter boys molested. less preachers driving bmws. and less beheading by guys that want to die and screw virgins :confused::confused:

and thanks guys for letting me know that a lot of the people that follow these monotheistic religions are good people and do good things. they just simply would not be able to good things otherwise right?

p.s. i have read other books like this for example http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3873.A_History_of_God

and a few others one i think called foundations of theology. along with a few of the dali lamas books, books about buddhism over the years etc.

i dont anymore because i have interests elsewhere now. and that is because i came to the conclusion that they are hollow books to me.

and as for the person that said i shouldnt reproduce. sorry i have a four year old son. and his mother takes him to church on most sundays and that is fine by me. he can make his own decisions as he gets older and i will support him and answer any questions the best i can if he asks me. which will mostly revolve around being kind to people and animals alike.

p.s.s. sorry to offend people if i did. i just get completely fed up with the violence in this world, and when it happens on a large scale it usually seems to revolve around religion in some way.

3 people like this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL at you and this post. Christians have been perfect saints throughout history! GTFOH with this nonsense.

3. sammy

Do people realize that slaves in the US were forced into Christianity by their masters? They were the original ISIS.

4. sammy

So are Christians going to do something about the 3 Muslims students who were killed in Chapel Hill recently? :confused: :rolleyes:

Let's see how much coverage this story gets.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We should ask every Christian to explicitly state that they condemn these murders out loud and they must do it on camera or else we just can't trust them.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Well, this terrorist is an outspoken atheist so the Christians are excused.

7. sammy

Idiots like ISIS members don't believe in God. Apparently, they weren't seen with the Quran and rarely spoke about Islam according to some journalist. Obviously, they have no morals or values either.

You don't need to believe in any religion or God to know what's right or wrong.

8. fchowd0311

Well then, I guess I have a responsibility to explicitly state that I condemn these attacks. I hope people around here can trust me as I'm an atheist.

9. sammy

Winner.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... The good Christians in this country still allow the KKK to exist so that will never happen.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

12. fchowd0311

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is very sad. The victims look like really nice people. The murderer should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, let's not create a fals equivalency here: 1) Claims of racism - the murderer is apparently from Syria, the victims don't look to be from a different race; 2) from the article, while the vile murderer is described as an atheist, it says the murders were over a parking dispute (seriously? horrible...values so out of whack). If that is true, unlike Islamists like ISIS etc., he did not kill because of his ideology or because of their religion, but because he is a horrible human being with anger issues who should never have had access to a gun. The victims just happened to be Muslims. That doesn't make a difference to them, obviously, but before Muslim activists exploit these murders for self-victimization and political gain (and that already seems to be happening, as you appear to have gotten this on one of your mailing lists, sammy, which also transport anti-Israel stuff), let's at least stick to the facts.

Terrible, senseless and despicable regardless. RIP to the victims.

14. g1184

g1184 Member

I'd love for you to quote where you found that "fact." Also, what race do the victims look like to you, since that's our basis of judgement?

15. sammy

A parking dispute triggered it but it does appear that the man had some hatred in him judging by the brutality of the murders. Didn't get an email.. Just saw someone share the story on my feed.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Apologies - misread it, the article talked about the victims being from Syria, not the murderer. Chalk it up to being on my phone and still drugged from surgery.

By the way...lol...almost straight on Clutchfans ;).

The victims look quite white to me - doesn't make a difference to me, though? Why are you asking?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys really have to start acknowledging the intended bias rampant in Memri TV (the channel that distributes this content). Wiki:

Essentially, the channel is run by a couple of people who intentionally use clips out of context, messing with the translation, and finding people who are actually the "rednecks" of the "muslim world" and putting them up there. Then when they want to propose solutions, they simply find people whose message agrees with the foreign policy of Israel.

Nothing more nothing less. Doesn't make the content not "real", but it's very important to know. I watch Fox News, for example, but I know what I'm watching and who's talking to me.

18. sammy

19. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member