1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A novel idea for James White/Brian Cook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landlord Landry, May 7, 2009.

1. Landlord Landry

Early in the first quarter, or late in the second. Regardless of the score.

it doesn't have to be Kobe. Anyone.

Hard elbow to a chin on a screen.

Just lay someone out. Let these busta arse Fakers know we are here to play. any game. It's obviously fair game to them.

I don't care if it's "classless" or chippy. I think the Lakers don't care at this point either.

I kinda expected the Lakers to win tonight. Honestly I did, but not like this. I feel like LA is the playground bully who got popped in the face by a younger, smaller kid who is tired of hearing how bad-ass LA is. Now that we MANNED UP, bully don't likey.

James White. One play. One Screen. One Elbow. ONE HUGE MESSAGE.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and one large fine.

a long suspension.

a utah jazzesque dirty play.

just play clean, they'll get theirs.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

ok that would get the rockets banned or something, you dont send out a player who hasnt had one min of PT in the playoffs into an important game early on and have him take someone out....how can you even argue it wasnt intentional...

4. Landlord Landry

right. and exactly how long do you expect Fisher to be suspended? or fined?

5. kikimama

kikimama Member

Lame. That's exactly what we don't want to do. Every time I see Battier ignore Kobe's douchebaggery, I feel so proud of him to not stoop to that level.

6. Landlord Landry

you're probably right. I know it's foul. I'm just sick of watching us take the high road and teams like LA and UTAH advance by playing like disgruntled crybabies.

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

We are not the Utah Jazz or the Los Angeles Lakers... We are the Houston Rockets (where real basketball is played).

8. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Like Ron just said.

That's not the way we do it. We win fair. We lose fair.

Leave the cheap shots to the Lakers and Jazz.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'd love it, but no.. it's not right, and I don't want our team associated with it.

Plus the intentional aspect would probably come down on Adelman in some way..

10. Landlord Landry

I agree, it's lame, lame as hell....but LAME is winning these fools games. I'd rather be a lil lame in the WCF than a stand up org. at home.

11. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Great idea but honestly, this is too blatant. We have to hide it more by using some of our more innocent players. Example, Yao goes up for a rebound, comes down focusing all of his down force through his elbow to the top of Kobe's head. Theres no way theres even a suspension for that. :)

12. MC Ren

MC Ren Member

I totally agree LL. I know its wrong and lame, but I would just love for somebody, ANYBODY, to put Kobe on his *** just ONE good time, lol.

I love Shane, but i would at the very least like to see a hard foul on Kobe just once when he's talking all that ****... :mad:

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how about we get bunch of people and shoot Kobes in the legs after the game.....

this is the stupidest idea ive heard all day... how low can you sink if you wanna intentionally injure a player (doesnt matter if its kobe or not)

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You do that and they're going to put in a scrub to stomp hard on Yao's foot.

15. Landlord Landry

signed,

D.Fish and half of LA squad.

16. Landlord Landry

fixed.

17. rockets_fanatic

However, if the club suspends Wafer for a game based on the actions in Game two on our bench, we wil need someone to take his minutes. SO maybe we give James White his minutes, and then White does something stupid like throw a elbow.

18. G Rat

G Rat Member

Ridiculous...

but if you are going to do it, use Dorsey. :)

19. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I rather just win this series and them packing.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are better than that, and quite frankly, I don't want to win that way.