1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Letter from Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

The current jerseys are great. They have the clean design like all classic jerseys, eg the Lakers and Celtics have. It's a keeper.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You've got to get people to show up in order for them to take advantage of these things, Mr. Alexander. Putting out a middle-of-the-road team every year ain't gonna get it done.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Glad to see we are getting better scoreboards and screens. Talk about outdated.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

The truth and nothing but the truth!!!!!!!!! Repped.

We are all tired of blah, blah, blah. Put a team on the floor worthy of this fan base and if Morey can't do it, get someone that can. I know you can count money well start counting the empty seats!!!!

5. grunky

grunky Member

lol, thanks les, i feel SO much better now.. -1,000,000 for content, +1 for the thought.

6. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Only 20+ games left in the season, so when is he having this new amazing scoreboard put up? Makes sense that we are upgrading stuff with the All Star Game next year. Our center hanging scoreboard looks little compared to most big college stadiums.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That does sound pretty interesting. I like it. Les Alexander is a good owner. He is under appreciated and people lay too much at his feet because of the fanbases enamored relationship with a Gm who has not proven himself yet. Les Alexander is proven. I like him as a owner.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Erily similar to a letter from Drayton McLain to DisAstro's season ticket holders a couple years back .... Look where they are now.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Nice try, but it's hard to get excited about this stagnating team. They're about as good as they were this time last year. It seems like the big move is always just around the corner, but it never happens. Talk is cheap.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Thanks Les for being a great Owner and always trying hard to put out the best team.

1 person likes this.
  11. Hightop

Hightop Member

Smells of desperation.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think they are better than at this time last year.

Dalembert & Camby are an upgrade over Hayes & B ad Miller. (as much as I love Hayes game)

Parsons is an upgrade over Budinger and better than anyone they have had at the SF spot since Ron Ron left town.

Lowry & Dragic are better than Brooks , Lowry and Ish Smith. (Wouldnt mind seeing Garret Temple brought back as the 3rd point)

This team may not be championship material but its significantly better than last years post deadline roster. If the matchups fall right for them , they could win a playoff series or two - They will be a tough out , thats for sure.

13. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I like Les Alexander. He is about willing to do everything that he can to make Rockets becoming a championship contender. His promise to upgrade Toyota Center is to make sure we will get the best game experience. That's why I like him as a owner.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

haha if only he cared enough to listen to the fans about greater game presentation on tv and fire Clyde Drexler.

For the record, he's not a great owner, there's only a few things he has done right and showing his commitment. He's indeed desperate, thinking he can witness another championship before he dies. He's selfish, we could've went all in, in 2009 but we didn't. Ever since then, he has been stubborn to move past the Yao era for money reasons and now it's hurting us.

15. comehere2

comehere2 Member

talk more, do les. now go away.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need another championship.

we love Clutch City 1 and 2, but we need a new child.
    but it's unborn now.

To Clutch City 3, our unborn child

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SPmNQmmMZ84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3_CF3tALIuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ Mommy make it stop...

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Well it is almost a given that he is updating the score boards and etc for the All Star game next season. I do think that needs to be done like yesterday. I also like the Rockets Hall of Fame idea. That will be really cool to check out and will definitely bring back some good memories.

Of course there are a lot more things he could do to make this team better to watch, like bring in an All Star. Quite frankly, I don't think you can blame Morey or Les because they cannot get an All Star in here to play for us. The only top players I can think of coming here (that did not get drafted by us or was not developed by us) is Drexler, Barkley and Tmac (I do not count Moses Malone because he came here at the merger). And those guys only came here because we were on the brink of a Championship or they were coming to play with Yao.

We drafted Olajuwon, Yao, Murphy, Sampson that turned out to be All Stars and Hall of Famers. Given our history, one would think we need to build through the draft. However the predicament Les and Daryl are in is how to keep this team competitive and fill the seats at the same time.

I know some of you want to see us tank and get a # 1 draft pick and suck for 3 years or whatever to be good again like OKC. Then again #1 draft picks can be busts as well or injury prone, etc. So that is a difficult choice for the FO to make.

The NBA is a business, not an Xbox game. Les bought this team as an investment and to make money. Sure he wants us to win and get a few championships, but I am sure he wants to make money first then win. Some of you will take that as he is a bad owner because of that, but if you put in $85 million or whatever he bought the team for, I am sure you would want a nice return as well.