1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, MorningZippo, malakas and 5 others like this.
  2. jayland

jayland Member

3. jayland

jayland Member

I think Chinese government may have told Tsai to make that statement. Just like they told Tsai’s company Alibaba to stop selling Rockets merchandise in China.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/pol...ryl-morey-meant-no-offence-hong-kong-protests

Jontro likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are missing the point.

First of all, in this country, our basic value is freedom of speech, we know China doesn’t have that, but actually most people other than the politicians don’t really give a sh’t about it.

So that’s the respect you already had.

By understand that, this is something that we treasure as our basic human rights and we are using it like we breath and drink, it’s natural and simple.

In this case, during all these arguments, the point from your side is always this : this is our own business so stay out of it.

Well, you are never willing to discuss the facts, which the question is so simple, why and what these people are fighting for freedom there and why it can not be discussed?

Using the excuse of ‘supporting the activities of breaking the unity of China’ is a completely false and wrong argument which has no facts to back it up. But then what else you have turned to?

You started to use the leverage as ‘we are your biggest overseas customer and you must listen to us (exactly how the CCTV tried to threaten the Americans)’.

How does this work out or make you look like a reasonable human being that willing to talk it out?

Then what more respects you can expect from others?

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Territorial sovereignty is never "negotiable" (according to those who are comfortable), but eventually people decide they don't want to be part of something old, and try something new. The powers that be will say man must be beholden to traditions and the will of some larger body, and call them terrorists. The new will fight the old, and eventually something new will emerge. This is the way history has always gone, and will always go. Man draws imaginary boundaries around its countries.

6. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Winnie-the-Pooh is not even banned in China lol

7. playlife

playlife Member

Taiwanese - Canadian citizenship. Lives in Hong Kong when working at AliBaba and now lives in San Diego and his kids are studying in US. Not even sure he has lived in Mainland China before. Just sucking the China money and enjoying the US freedom

Jontro, clutchdabear, Kiddsir and 3 others like this.
  8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The first sentence in China's constitution is "Everyone must follow the lead of Communist party", it's a crime to voice anything different from the Party, For this to go away, or become a non-issue, NBA & Rockets just need to bribe the key communist party individuals with $$.

malakas likes this.
  9. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

As he said already, he demanded nothing.He just spoke out what he thought and hope we can understand each other.
    We never ask you what you need to do.we just let you know what is our logic and why every Chinese upset about this Morry tweet. I fully respect democracy and freedom. But to be honest, democracy and freedom also cause low efficiency. That is why China can build High speed train system all over major cities within 10 year and China the most population country really benefit from it. My understanding is that democracy and freedom are not necessarily right at every country and every culture.please understand the difference. If we understand each other better, then we can have less clash and conflict like Morey tweet incident, which is a lose lose situation for NBA and China NBA fan at least.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I’ll whoop yo ****ing if I ever see your b**** ass! Don’t ever talk that **** about 911 and my country mother ****er!

11. pass_to_Hakeem

True... but Morey , much like President Trump... need to STAY TF OFF TWITTER!!!!

12. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Idiot screaming into a screen. Pathetic rednecks that never learn. Oh of course freedom of speech.

****ing moron, you country sucks largely because morons like you

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

See?

That’s exactly the problem, you are going circles again and again without even know what is going on nor willing to touch the issue : Hong Kong.

I made my point clearly, we and those mainlanders (you) are living in two different worlds and I ain’t going to waste my time to talk sense into them or you anymore.

I am asking you to talk about Hong Kong (what really happened and why and how it happened) if you want a civilized conversation, then every time the responses are either ‘it’s my own business’ or ‘shut the fork up or you will lose my money’.

That’s the real problem with you.

‘My understanding is that democracy and freedom are not necessarily right at every country and every culture.’ - when any human being even can have this kind of thoughts, it’s just sad.

Do you even understand what these mentioned below are : these were exactly what your emperor want you to follow but you don’t even have any clue.

And you want to tell me that Democracy and Freedom are not needed?

See you.

社会主义核心价值

社会主义核心价值观的三个层面依次分别是国家层面、社会层面和公民个人层面。

• 国家层面的价值目标:富强、民主、文明、和谐
      • 社会层面的价值取向:自由、平等、公正、法治
      • 公民个人层面的价值准则:爱国、敬业、诚信、友善

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Nah, every American gets to enjoy multiple perspectives. It comes with being part of a free country.

do you want to hear another perspective? Or will that get you executed?

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If China was a democracy, there’s a chance that China would already be ahead of the US. Centrally planned economies are always less efficient. Most economic studies are banned in China, but if you want to learn more, I’ll post some here. Let me know.

Your government has squandered your industrial revolution. When it happened in the rest of the world, GDP in those countries grew even faster than China is right now.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am at crossroads. Isn’t Pooh one of the nicest characters out there?

Also he is American.

He is naive, Xi on the other hand is not.

Help me understand other than the facial resemblance.

17. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

So you think every country need to accept your univeral value. otherwise they are not right? I told you again respect divesity and difference. Why you still ignore it and stubborn to repeat it. Most of our chinese all are fine with our current system. We do not need you to tell us how to do and what to do and we also respect your value. If we want to do business, mutual respect is basic, right

18. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

Fair point. Banning google really jeopardize the development of science and technology.

19. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

Tsai is a billionaire.How could he represent 1400000000 chinese not as rich as him?specially Tsai is not a chinese.he is american citizenship now

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. PeppermintCandy

So... fake news?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...pooh-film-to-stop-comparisons-to-president-xi
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/07/chi...-winnie-the-pooh-film-after-xi-compariso.html
    https://screenrant.com/winnie-pooh-china-ban-why/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...jinping-meme-shanghai-president-a8660461.html
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/08/winnie-pooh-banned-china-7814835/

Incidentally, I've seen Chinese posters who say that there is no ban.
    But the reason that there are no images of Winnie the Pooh in China and Chinese social networks is because Chinese people respect their leader too much.