1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A good prank idea that may go wrong at best...something conspiracyish at worst.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Someone sent me this story...

FBI posts fake hyperlinks to catch child p*rn seekers.

I thought it was funny. The first thought I had was, "let me package this link up and send it it to someone I hate...hopefully the same thing applies in Canada :eek:"

But thinking back, isin't this kind of disturbing? I wonder when the FBI will start knocking on doors for people looking up facts about drugs. It's a slippery slope; perhaps the internet isin't as safe as you thought it was.

I hate to say it, but this does seem to justify some of the tinfoil, "govment out to get you" kind of thing. Sure, right now it's limited to child p*rn, but who knows? You can't help but think " gradual erosion of rights" and the subsquent result..."police state."

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Holy crap! You can get FBI agents in your house for just clicking a site like that?

If this is true, a mean-spirited person can screw over everyone on a particular message board by posting a story(like a news story of the Rockets here), and using embed a hyperlink to one of these pages posing as a link to an FBI site.

Totally f**ked up.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Don't know if you know (heard it on the radio a few days ago) but in Canada they passed a new law where if you happen to run into child p*rn you have to report it to the authorities, or else you face a fine up to $50,000 and/or jail time. Interesting..... that they set the p*rn addicts up :D then they fine him/her....nice way to make some money.