1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Final Plea for Tolerance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dandorotik, Nov 11, 2016.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, I am holding up my end of the bet, and this will be my final post. I felt I needed to make this separate. And I understand it will be gone in a matter of hours, or days. But please let's try to be better examples than some of what we're seeing. We may disagree, and we may hate, but at the end of the day, we should try to understand the other side and not always knock each other down. Life is too short for that. Support your cause, but try not to insult others along the way. I wish this on each and every one of you.

My decision to leave ClutchFans has very little to do with the election and nearly everything to do with I have things I need to do, like writing a series of novels, that are going to require so much time that I have to eliminate certain things that take away from that. I'm 49, and I don't have 40 or 50 years to do what I want. I have to get started right now.

For me, I wish President Trump success, and I will pray that our country heals. That is all I have left. I have no more anger to give, only hope and conciliation.

BTW, I am going to put in a shameless plug as well. My real name is Dan Dorotik, and I am the President of 100PercentResumes. I have worked with several of you and am grateful for your business. I would gladly work with any one of you, conservative or liberal, on future resume projects. The best way to get in touch with me is on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/dandorotik). Feel free to Connect with me on LinkedIn.

BigTexxx, BobbytheGreat, Rockets Legend, AroundTheWorld, Tmacfor35, and all conservatives, I want to say that I am sorry for my negativity and insults. I am on a lifelong journey to figure out how to express my passion in a way that does not insult others. It is a struggle, and one I may always have. But I am trying. I have enjoyed the insight you have brought to this board, and I wish you all nothing but the best in your future career endeavors.

SweetLou, Deckard, and so many others I can't remember - thank you all, liberals, for your insight as well. I am a better person for conversing with and learning from you.

May you all have a wonderful holiday season and I wish you and yours only the best.

Logging out.

Daniel J. Dorotik Jr.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Best of luck Daniel. I will keep an eye out for your novels. Once we step away from the internet, we are all still Americans that wants whats best for our country. Take care, and don't hesitate to update us when you publish!

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Classy post. I am about where you are in life and CF. I say with the warmest regard: stay away from here!

4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Godspeed, Daniel.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Best Wishes to you and yours

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daniel, I am going to follow your lead. The atmosphere is toxic, and I contributed to it for over a decade. My hiatus before the election was nice, and I would like to continue that feeling. Best of luck ClutchFans. There will always be new liberals to troll.

Azadre out.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Keep it classy DD.

Take some months off. Come back when you feel ready.

Life's too short to be in this bubble.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Will not enjoy Better Call Saul as much without your insight. Your photo journal trip to ALBX in the last season of Breaking Bad was a real treat for many of us. Also, I'm a fan of your basketball takes, as well. Notably some of your breakdowns of other teams in the NBA Dish.

Also, don't feel like you can't come back, certainly in the GARM. How can you avoid this place, if Harden "Makes the Rockets Great Again". Note, Batman Jones successfully quit the D&D as well.

silly bets

lastly, good luck with the novels. Been noting your posts on those. Keep us updated.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I wish you all the best. I never take internet message board posts personally, so we are good.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Do let us know when you have a book published...BOL in all future endeavors...;)

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good luck, Dan. You did an excellent job for me with my resume and I would highly suggest anyone here use him for it if you have the need. Don't stay away too long...

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good luck, man. I think these bets are silly, but to each his own.

Really admire anyone who wants to write a novel.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Best wishes. Also, people never really leave this site for good. So I think you will be back :).

Just do it like Mathloom. He also writes novels.

Every post of his on this BBS ends up being a novel.

14. Cranberry_Juice

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dammit, Dan, we need people like you down here, and in the other forums. We will be less of what we were after you are gone, and that's meant as a compliment. Please fell free to come back at some point. I promise not to kid you too much if you do. Take care and at least promise us one thing. That when you get a novel published, you'll return long enough to tell us all about it. Good luck!

PS: my sister is a successful romance writer and didn't start writing until she was older than you.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

See you Dan, you were always one of the more intelligent posters and iirc I think you even took a glance at my resume one time. Hope you will come back to celebrate with us when the Rockets win a championship.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Good luck, Dan. I, along with a lot of others, hope you relent and drop back in from time to time. As a writer, I understand the need for concentration. However, being 49 gives you the advantage of life experience that most, not all, writers need to produce believable works. Don't worry about time. Remember, Sylvester Stallone wrote "Rocky" in three days, and, even though it was just a screenplay, think of the people who were entertained ... and the money he made. :cool: Best wishes on your projects. Hope to read you back here and out there soon.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People are idiots... Gotta keep a distance... The protestors etc etc etc... Traffic Jams... That's terrorism and I don't trust the metro/subway system to use it...

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good luck in whatever the future holds for you Dan. Hopefully when things slow down, you'll still drop in from time to time.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bon Voyage!
    Bon Chance

Rocket River