1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A few Thank Yous

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamEarlNolan, May 17, 2015.

1. DreamEarlNolan

My first thread. Not sure if it would be considered necessary, but didn't want these thoughts to get buried in another thread.

Thank you Chandler Parsons for signing with the Dallas Mavericks. And if anyone thinks I'm just dwelling on bitterness (maybe just a tiny bit), I truly believe the Rockets aren't in the conference finals without Trevor Ariza. His leadership, toughness, and elite defense has made the Rockets a much better team this year.

Thank you Morey for bringing in veterans to round out this team. Ariza, Brewer, Smith, Terry, and Prigioni have been difference makers in the playoffs this year.

Thank you Kevin McHale for making timely adjustments during the playoffs. I admit that I've been one who didn't consider you and x's and o's coach. You have been proving me wrong in these playoffs.

And an out of the box thank you to the New Orleans Pelicans for beating the San Antonio Spurs the last game of the season. Home court advantage in the second round was huge.

With all that said, we still haven't won anything yet. The Warriors have looked like a team of destiny all season. The Rockets have looked like a team of destiny in the playoffs. Only one of the scenarios can come true. Hoping destiny favors the Rockets.

2 people like this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Thank you to Adam Silver for suspending Harden one game for kicking Lebron in the nuts. He has set up the finals narrative nicely, and will make sure it all comes to pass.

3. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Thanks to the Clips for bringing out the best in our guys, at our most desperate hour of need in game 6.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Thank you to Matt Barnes for educating the Rockets about how a mature team handles adversity.

1 person likes this.
  5. ribbit

ribbit Member

I also wanted to start a 'Thank You' thread, but was waiting after The Finals, after winning the championship.

Thank you, haters. Sir Captainjackass, where art thou?

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thank you to the media for giving the MVP to Curry. Now we'll get to decide it on the court, and I bet one guy has more motivation than the other.

7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Thank you to Austin Rivers, for having the wisdom to seek discipline from your Step-Daddy.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Thank you Blake griffin for the 360 bank shot, this imo has turned it around in our favore since our guys woke up after it

9. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Masturbating in my mom's basement to pics of Monte Ellis, Dirk NoWINski, and Mark Cuban that's where he art...

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Thank you Dwight Howard for that "flagrant" tackle on Blake griffin, that put his ass in his place and his show boating was tones down for the rest of the series

11. Mr Chuck Norris

All in all, I would like to thank Sam Presti for the worst trade in NBA History (yeah I said it)

And Kobe for being such a dick driving away Dwight Howard

Shout out to Stan Van Gundy for cutting smoove. We would have DEFINITELY Been home if it wasn't for him. Dallas might have gon 7 without him.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thank you (some) Clutchfans members for giving up on the Rockets so real fans could chat. Definitely had that 95 vibe on here (like I remember chatting with people in person on), obviously today most of the fairweather fans are back, but whatever. I might be new here but we have waited almost 20 years for a return to the WCF. I am proud of these Rockets! It's a new series and even though GSW will be tough houston has already got passed a lot of bull****, so if the team continues to step up I wouldn't be surprised if something like the 95 wcf happens, shoot we were a 6th seed then... Thank you Clutch City! Go Rockets!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you, Mr. Griffin, for choking. There was a point during the second half when you had the ball at the free throw line extended without a Rocket within several feet of you. You had a wide open shot that I've seen you make from that distance several times during this series, but instead of shooting, you spun around like a top, looking for someone to pass the ball to, and your teammate missed. That's when I began to relax, just a tiny bit. You choked, Blake, and you know it. So yeah, thank you for that.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thank you Miami for overpaying Chris Bosh...

Thank you Chandler Parsons for putting us on the clock...

Thank you Washington for giving us Trevor Ariza...

Thank you Sacramento Kings for giving us JET...

Thank you Detriot for Josh Smith...

Thank you Minny for Corey "Greyhound" Brewer

Thank you New Orleans Pelicans for beating the Spurs in the last game of the regular season.

Thank you Cuban for waking up our "lack of talent bench"

Thank you Clippers for beating the Spurs

Thank you Matt Barnes for being such a tool...

Thank you national sports media for ignoring us...

Thank you Vegas for putting a home team as the underdog, that just came off a miraculous win...

2 people like this.
  15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Um, why is he doing that in YOUR mom's basement?

16. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Yeah, what was up with that? Griffin has been draining that shot all series, but when his team needs a bucket and he's wide open he refuses to take the shot.

Oh, and thank you LA for taking the mantle of choke city, lol

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you, David Stern, for basketball reasons.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Thank you Aminu, Austin Rivers and all the other role players we've faced for taking it to another level and forcing our guys to play with conviction and for Mchale to actually make adjustments.

Thank you Clippers for choking away a 3-1 deficit on national TV on a Sunday afternoon and thus allowing the entire city to rally behind this team. The buzz is the best I've seen in a VERY long time.

19. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

This. Years later, this single act is still reverberating across so many teams to date.

I still consider that a BS reason that luckily opened up opportunities for us.

For giggles, consider the repercussions based on this article and how the landscape could have looked today.