1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A few questions about the Phoenix game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me preface this by saying,I love Rudy and what he has done with the Rockets this year.I also still believe that we are going to the playoffs,but...just a few non- rhetorical questions about tonight..
    Why did Rudy go away from Mo who was having his way with their frontline?
    Why is Carlos Rogers still picking slinters out of his butt?
    Why,knowing that Cat is hurt and is pressing,did he repeatedly run the offense through him?
    and Why the Hell wasn't the ball in Stevie's hands at all in the fourth?..
    I can hear John Gielgud saying in his best English butler's voice with a hint of sarcasm,"Dinner is served....on a silver platter at that".....I'm so pissed,we gave it away.I apologize for the negative nature of my post,but would like some possible answers to these questions.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited March 11, 2001).]

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Because Rudy has always done unusual things as a coach, that's what makes him so great. [​IMG]

------------------
    Re-elect President Gore!

3. Hydra

Hydra Member

Maybe because Cat scored 11 straight points in the fourth.

------------------
    "We messed with the Bull, and we got the horns." -- Larry Brown "quote" from AirBullard.com

4. Toast

Toast Member

#1: Throughout the season it seems Mo only really gets involved in the offense in the first quarter. He'll start off with anywhere between 8-12 points in the first, and you'll never hear from him again. Honestly, I dunno why they don't look for him during the rest of the game, but I'm not at all suprised it was this way in Phoenix.

#2: I think we're all wondering why Carlos Rogers spends almost the entire game on the bench. Every time he plays, he contributes, and looks impressive for a guy who gets no minutes.

#3: Hey, Cat looked damn good in the 4th. He was calling for the ball, and he had the mis-match. It's unfortunate that eventually Phoenix stopped him with a blatant, yet uncalled illegal defensive scheme.

#4: I dunno. I think Francis should have been way more involved in the offense during the 4th quarter. There were a couple of times on the inbound he gave it right up to Mobley, which is understandable because Mobley was doing so well. But aside from that, he didn't do anything at all. I imagine Rudy figured with Mobley demanding so much attention, and Francis getting double teamed so often, going to someone other than those 2 would be the best option. But that still doesn't make sense to me. Francis should have been WAY more involved in that 4th quarter.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

5. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

Mobes actually scored 13 straight points, just wanted to correct everyone.

------------------
    "GiddyUP!!!"
    Krammer from Seinfeld

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it's just one loss,but like the rest of you I thought we had this one tucked away for a big win.Oh well,the beat goes on...One thing on Cat,I admire how he sucked it up and got it done in the fourth,but still feel like he should have been reigned in by Rudy earlier in the game when he was struggling with bad shots and turnovers.It also seemed like the Suns were vulnerable inside and we chose not to exploit it....Anyway..Go Rockets!

------------------

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited March 12, 2001).]