1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Dwightmare in DC.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ghettocheeze, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That is going to be an explosive locker room, literally.

Mazulis, Zboy and Deckard like this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I feel their pain.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It would be worth they price of admission if Arenas still played for the Wizards.

#23 Jturbofuel, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Nook and plutoblue11 like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I smell what you did there.

csj, Zboy, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Dwightmare or Melo Cancer... which affliction will be worst this year... and in the case of the cancer, which team.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My first reaction was...already???

They still do with these trade harden idiots.

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Wall and Beal cant argue with each other if their busy hating on Howard. Well played

Richie_Rich and francis 4 prez like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

TBH, I think they have a nice team and should do well despite Howard's antics if they can all stay healthy.

Howard's a fool, but a talented fool. Wall and all the shooters the Wiz have will make him look pretty good, they have a nice defensive squad now with Howard as well.

Wall / Satoransky
    Beal / Rivers
    Porter / Oubre
    Morris / Green
    Howard / Mahinmi

That's a damn good roster on paper, looks very balanced with offense, defense, size and athleticism. I think this roster has potential to deliver Washington their first 50 win season since 1979!

Koperboy and ilias like this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Love me some Trump, D.C. deserves Dwight. Go sit on it!

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Wiz have had a good roster on paper. They just keep under performing because the sum is not greater than the parts. The chemistry is off. They don't "play for one another." They really should be a top 4 team in the east.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They don't play together, like the elite teams [Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, and Raptors] do. They should've easily been a 50 win team in the East by now. When someone mentioned that they have yet to win 50 games, since 1979. I was like what does that say about Wall/Beal.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...eeds-do-fit-wizards-and-repair-his-reputation

Before Dwight Howard agreed to a free agent contract with the Washington Wizards, he had a conversation with the team's best player, John Wall, and expressed his intention to repair his image after years of bad press about his compatibility as an NBA teammate.

Wall came away from those talks convinced Howard is indeed motivated to change. He believes Howard is going to take this opportunity in Washington more seriously than he has his previous stops where he was criticized for a lack of effort and a disengaged attitude.

"We talked and I told him this is what we want and this is what our team needs," Wall told NBC Sports Washington's Chris Miller.

"I just feel like he's a guy that's trying to recorrect his career. He's trying to change all the negative stuff people say about him. We know he likes to have fun and he likes to joke around and do those types of things. But I think he's kind of locked in and focused. All we can do as teammates and the organization is try to make it comfortable for him, make him feel like he's welcome at home and tell him the things we need him to do to make our team better."

Wall plans to do his part and help Howard adjust to another new locker room. But he also said it's ultimately up to him, that he will need to make some sacrifices for the team.

"He has to buy into that and not try to say it's all about him or try to do this for himself. Just do it for the whole team and group and I think we will be fine," Wall said.

KingCheetah and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Guess we can add John Wall to the list of people that Dwert has convinced he's going to change.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I also think they may hit 50 wins but I think it will have just as much to do with a weaker Eastern conference schedule. Unfortunately the math just works out that 3/4 teams need to hit 50 wins in the East so everyone else in the conference can suck. Boston and Toronto will get there for sure but after that it is the 76ers(downgraded because I dont trust Embid's health), and then a fight between the Bucks and the Wizards.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#36 J.R., Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#37 J.R., Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    omgTHEpotential likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze, BigShasta and GotGame15 like this.
  19. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Gotta admit his answer is pretty cool.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What in the world is that?