1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A change in the line up without changing the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazyguypete, Nov 18, 2004.

1. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

This is just a consideration and I know JVG considered it during the preseason but why dont the Rockets try running Mcgrady at the point. I know that such a line up would create defensive liabilities (point guards too small for Mcgrady) but the defense that Ward or Lue(especially tiny Lue) play against opposing point guards is next to nonexistent. And the mismatch on the other side of the floor would be tremendous.

I say the Rockets start Mcgrady, Jackson, Nachbar, Taylor, and Yao. If Nachbar stinks it up, put in Padgett or Bowen. I think its about time the Rockets stop and smell the roses that Ward and Lue are not starting point guards on a high caliber team like the Rockets. I can see Ward playing back up for stretches but Lue is just too small to do anything defensively and lacks great offensive skills (though he doesn't think so).

The Rockets used to do this sort of thing under Rudy but in reverse. When the Rockets had Francis, Cuttino, and Moochie, they'd play all three at once and force teams to play small ball. Well i say do the same here... Force teams to play with bigger line ups.

If anything else, let Tracy Mcgrady touch the ball 75% of the time. He operates much better with ball duty then Ward can.

What do you guys think?

2. sourav004

sourav004 Member

I know no-body really wants ward and lue playing point and going with a large lineup could help in some situations.
    I think the coach should look at the matchups and then decide who to put on the floor.
    Putting that lineup could just cause too much mismatches for the team in the opening minutes. Your just asking for trouble with that lineup.
    For no i think it is more important for us to put howard at PF and have Mo come off the bench. And just wait till sura comes back, he will solve our point guard situation.