1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Challenge issued to Rox Mgmt.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abcohan, Feb 6, 2004.

1. abcohan

abcohan Member

I sent this email to the Rockets mgmt.: (by the way, my feelings are against the players, not the coach anymore)

Its no longer the coaches…it’s the players. Rudy was a players coach and regardless if Francis was attending family affairs or the Superbowl, Rudy would let him---Not Van Gundy….his system is installed and now the players have to react to it…..well, that’s not happening….and as a fan and supporter of the Rockets since I was born here 25 years ago, its unacceptable to keep the franchise in a stagnant position (the last 4 years) with no forseeable progress. It is the job of our executives to create a team that can be managed by a coach with players that buy into his system…if Rockets mgmt. cannot look past the fact that fans can no longer be enticed by Francis swinging off the rim every quarter because we play a half court game now, then changes MUST be made….Im like everyone else, highlights of alley-oops and what not are great, but they don’t win games….watching defenses break down because nobody communicates or watching whining players come up with excuses after every loss---is just pathetic----the difference between our team and the good teams is that their leaders accept responsibility for their team:

Jermaine Oneal's quote after the Knicks beat Indiana on Monday:``I have to put this loss on my shoulders,'' he said. ``If I decide to play, whether it is hurt or healthy, I have to find a way to control the game and win the games we are supposed to win.''

I challenge the entire Rockets mgmt. to come up with a quote from one of our so-called leaders over the last 2 years that even closely resembles the maturity (of a younger player) and tenacity of a player who wants to win and accepts the progress and decline of a team on his shoulders.

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Lemme kno when the mgmt acctuly answers you

if you realy want to be heard fowered this to the Houston Chronical, 610 radio, ect.

3. DCballer

DCballer Member

Dude, you have way to much time on your hands. I'm sure that as soon as they get your letter the light will come on.:rolleyes: I can only hope that your atleast under the age of 12.

4. DCballer

DCballer Member

opps, just saw that you're 25....I'm sorry:rolleyes:

5. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

What did he say that is so untrue?

Where do you get 12 yrs old if he has been a fan for 25 years old?

And who here is an employee of the Rockets. Thought so.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Jermaine Oneal's quote after the Knicks beat Indiana on Monday:``I have to put this loss on my shoulders,'' he said. ``If I decide to play, whether it is hurt or healthy, I have to find a way to control the game and win the games we are supposed to win.''

the only guy on our team I hear saying that is Mobley.

7. DCballer

DCballer Member

Just think it's funny that someone is taking the time to write the Mgmt. of B-Ball opps. It's kind of like writing a letter to Santa. None of it is untrue, but what's the point.

8. AlexVanderpool

Writing to management is childish?...but rehashing this issue over and over again on this forum is mature, right???:rolleyes:

9. AlexVanderpool

Kudos to abcohan for actually doing something to show the franchise his displeasure...

10. DCballer

DCballer Member

No that's not mature either.

11. AlexVanderpool

so why do you have 254 posts on this site???

12. DCballer

DCballer Member

Since 2001, or did you miss that.

13. DCballer

DCballer Member

4 Years ago.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"First of all, we didn't come out prepared at the beginning of the game," he said. "And second of all, our shot selection was horrible, especially at crucial times.

"In order to win, you've got to be able to move the ball against a good defensive-minded team like Boston and we didn't move the ball when we needed to."

That's a direct quote after the Boston loss from Steve Francis. Maybe you need to listen harder.

15. AlexVanderpool

either way...unless all of your posts were in the hangout...

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Those are different. Jermaine blamed himself, Steve blamed the team.

17. daRox

daRox Member

If you don't agree with the content of his post, say so. Why do you have to be an ass? At least he did something. Where in his post did you get a 12 year old? Actually, I got a 12 year old out of your post.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Why bust the maybe you need to listen harder line? You proved his point. One blames himself, one blames everyone but himself. (atleast in those 2 quotes)

Just reading through the GARM today , I actually believe you are Steve Francis - not Peter Gabriel. :p

19. DCballer

DCballer Member

Yo darox, Why don't you try reading. Plus I'm being an ass because I am sick and tired of the some of the so called Rockets fans on this site. Half the people on here are ready to complain about anything at the drop of a hat. Complain about Steve and the stunt he pulled, say what a bad leader he is, and so on and so on. hell half the people on here probably forgot ( or weren't even fans then) that Hakeem faked an injury to get out of playing so that he could get more money, but nobody on here ever complained that he was a bad leader. The impatience of the fans in this city just ticks me off. Granted I get mad and frustrated watching some of the games, but come on.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Notice the difference between the singular "I" in O'Neal's quote and the plural "we" in Francis' quotes?