1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A box score that will live in infamy

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Feb 9, 2002.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yes, I know you made trades and FA signings to build your title team. So did kidrock. What's the difference?

2. Band Geek Mobster

Well it kind of helped having a large payroll...

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Don't make Nomar go back and show you his Seung Song and Tony Blanco for Wade Miller trade, Cat! He'll do it!

:p

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

And you do?

Is losing by 100 runs a sign of "building a team"?

I would venture to say that it's always better to have catchers who are "still developing" to play catcher, as opposed to putting in a random 3B.

Keep on building Nomar...

:rolleyes:

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

At least Nomar has his 49er 2nd round "dynasty" to fall back on...

:p

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Those trades are really helping you out now. Maybe you can make some more trades in the NINTH season. There is a big market for pitchers with a 100.00 ERA.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

I would respond, kidrock, but right now I'm just too tired to post 3 times in 3 minutes.

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

You haven't built a team. You took a team that was already talented and won with it.

Then you tore it down to start over, because you were scared of the Astros.

But you still haven't rebuilt that team, your team is putrid, every year you tell us "next year my team is the shiznit", and your right, each year your team is ****.

Raven did the same thing you did, tear apart a veteran laden-team and built it back up again. Except he actually got back to the World Series and won it.

Judging by your team's preformance, you are an incompetent GM, and should be either fired, or have that horrendous team contracted.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

OMG I haven't read anything that funny in a good while :D

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

Blah. At least Ive won a championship.

You couldn't even win with the Yankees, the team with the highest payroll in the league. And then you abandoned them. I guess you didn't want people saying, "Damn, Pued can't even win with the YANKEES. He must suck ass." Oh well. Better luck with your expansion team. You don't have the talent to win a title, I do. So get off me.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

You ran a higher payroll than I did at the Yankees, and I left because being the Yankees was no fun, the Crawdads are.

You don't have the talent to win 50 games, much less a title.

I built my team from nothing into a playoff contender with smart trading, bargain free-agents, and letting my young players develop. Now my team has a winning record and is 23 games better than you at this point.

You managed to ruin a can't-miss prospect.

You turned a great franchise into a laughing-stock.

Your revenue is plummeting, your talent isn't developing. You are a terrible GM.

Don't get pissy at me because I managed to build a team, whille you cannot.

12. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Ya losing usually does that to you.

13. Nomar

Nomar Member

Yeah, my players not developing. I can really control that. :rolleyes:

I'll be much better than your sorry team soon.

14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Damn, I didn't realize taking the Yankees would expose me to so much hatred and criticism if i don't win it all. I've been trying to rebuild without totally bottoming out but jeez, you guys are venomous...

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

And to think, all I did was post a box score that I and others found funny. Somehow the thread has turned to nomar- and sim-bashing instead. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

God bless the BBS. God bless the sims.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe I wont join the baseball sim, You guys a blood-thirsty lot.

17. Nomar

Nomar Member

Nah moe. BGM, Pued and their cronies have had it in for me since day 1. So screw them. If my team wins, I'm proved right, and vice versa.

So far, I'd say I'm doing well as evidenced by my 2 titles to their none. So suck it!

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Considering that they run expansion franchises and you run one of the more storied franchises in baseball history, that's hardly a major accomplishment. Yes, I know Oakland was BGM's team for a couple of seasons, but they had about half the payroll that you did. Yes, I also know that Pued had the Yanks, but that team was damaged by not having a manager the first year of the sim, and his payroll was still smaller than yours.

Nobody "has it in for you". People treat you and everyone on a merit basis. I can't speak for BGM or Pued, but it really pisses me off every time I see you try and make a trade. You've said before that you didn't want to trade for anyone over their mid to upper 20s. You changed it last night to 32, but that's still ridiculous. You said you were worried about your outfield a year ago because of their average age, which was 29. When has one winning team on this sim ever done so with all players 30 and under? You said you were going to be about .500 this year, and a contender the year after that. Well, so far you're nowhere close. If you wanted to win, you'd go after some quality veteran pieces to stabilize your lineup. Until you do so, you really don't have much of a chance. I guess it just annoys me that you've talked so much lately about wanting to win, but when I or other people present you with a good alternative you dismiss them as too old. You also tried to tell me Chris Simms was worth both Lew Penley and Roberto Martinez... :rolleyes:

BTW, one thing that does harm player development is playing stud 18 year old pitchers as major league starters. That probably took away about two years from Hobbs' major league career.

19. Band Geek Mobster

You're a ****ing moron...

20. Nomar

Nomar Member

No wait, that's you.