1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A bittersweet Congrats to James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxfreak724, May 22, 2015.

1. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I know we lost the game, but I still think Harden deserves tremendous recognition of what truly was a legendary playoff performance. This unbelievable effort will be forgotten because it didn't conclude in a win, but lets give it some limelight.

38 points/10rebs/9assts ; only 2 TOs compared to curry's 6 (which no national media member will even start to talk about)

Also, he did it with only 6 FTAs against DPOY candiate Green and supposedly the best two-way SG in the game Klay Thompson

Meanwhile Curry put on an "MVP performace" with 6 TOs against 37 year old pg Jason Terry, 38 year old pg Pablo Prigioni, and rookie Nick Johnson, rofl

The production combined with the efficiency, total floor impact, and the fierce opposition make this an all time great rocket performance. Also, the last alley-oop pass Howard, oh my god how did he even get it over the defenders??

To James Harden, hold your head up, this series is not over, you must overcome, the rockets shall overcome, WE shall overcome.

Red Nation

2. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Sorry, he had 10 free throw attempts, I don't know why the number 6 was stuck in my mind

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

It was a truly amazing game. Give credit where credit is due- Curry played a really, really good game. But Harden easily had a better game than him. I thought Harden had a better, more complete game 1 but all of the media gave the nod to Curry (like they have been doing all season) but this one I think will be much harder to do that for.

It is unfortunate that the game ended in a loss. Harden was sensational all game long.

Also, I freaking hate Draymond Green.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Its so easy for curry to score due to the moving screens and the wide open 3s he gets while on the other side, Harden just caries the heavy load on his shoulders and makes impossible plays. Simply amazing.

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden is destroying all-world NBA defenders

Curry is going againist dinosaurs in terry and prigs

Harden is the best player in the league

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Loved to see harden block that horse-mouth.

Curry is a great shooter on a good team

Harden is a great player on a very good team.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it's frucking ridiculous how much of Curry's points coming from his teammates busting their tails to screen their opponent and a lot of times illegally.

8. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

His mid-range game has been unstoppable.

If Harden can develop an elite mid-range game to go along with the 3s and drives... he could be historic offensively. Not great, historic.

9. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Agreed. I mean, what can you even do as a defender when his step back is rolling? The man shakes double teams like flies and seems to always be aware of where his teammates are on the floor. Can make pretty much any pass, can hit almost any shot, unreal change of pace moves that lead to contact and consequently free throws. The man would become virtually unstoppable, not that he isn't already close to that now haha

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Best game I've seen Harden play. So sad it came in such a devastating loss.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Some better calls and the Rockets win this game

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No truer words have ever been spoken.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Get the next two and show the world who the real MVP is.

14. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Another thing to nite is that we saw anger out of harden. I enjoyed seeing him smack down the curtain because it showed he cares. He was been criticized hard here on whether or not he cares by his sometimes lackadaisical defense efforts and passes.

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yea but dang harden missed a free throw

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Even decent officiating and we win. Refs, the league, and the media have their heads so far up GS's a**.

The League wants GSW in the Finals. They need it. I expect some calls to go their way, but tonight was just an all out jobbing in the 4th quarter.

17. krouchchocolate

Harden should work on post ups this summer. Very nice arsenal so his game like what lebron did

18. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

That is true, but c'mon, disregarding missed shots, he essentially made 3 major offensive mistakes tonight. 2 turnovers and a missed free throw. I mean, you gotta give the man some leeway. It was a near spotless performance. That one missed free throw wouldn't even matter if it wasn't for everything else he did to bring the game that close

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

F*** curry and ze refs.

[​IMG]

20. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yea no doubt for sure. I'm just doing that what-if game.