1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

9 Year Old Kid Fights Off A 400 lb Alligator

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by i3artow i3aller, Aug 11, 2014.

1. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DrK0htziovg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Source: Daily Mail) - "A brave 9-year-old is recovering in hospital after he wrestled a 9-foot, 400lb alligator off him with his bare hands – and he now plans to make a necklace from a tooth doctors found embedded in a wound on his back. James Barney Jr, spoke calmly and eloquently about his ordeal from hospital, where he was tucked up in bed with a teddy bear by his side. He was covered in some 30 teeth marks, doctors said. The little boy described how it was a hot day so he had parked his bike and jumped into Lake Tohopekaliga – a lake that people are forbidden to swim in – when he felt something brush against his leg. The child pulled the powerful jaws open long enough to slide out and swim to shore. Witnesses say the boy surfaced, screaming that he’d been bitten by an alligator. They immediately called 911. ‘There was a big alligator, about five feet away from him,’ one caller said."

Have a day kid! Have a mother ****ing day! Most badass kid ever or most badass kid ever? Gets attacked by a 400 pound alligator and has no problem calmly re-telling the story in front of a bunch of people at a press conference from his hospital bed. Nobody has owned a room like that since the days of Sinatra. As cool a customer as they come. ”How’d I get away? Oh I just pried the alligator’s mouth apart with my bare hands after it attacked me and bit me a bunch of times. No big deal. I’m simply the manliest 9 year old walking this planet of ours is all. Thing is lucky I didn’t snap it’s neck. Come at me bro. I dare you.”

And if that story wasn’t enough to convince you he’s the Chuck Norris of 9 year olds, he plans to make a necklace out of the alligator tooth that was found embedded in his back. A reminder to all alligators out there not to **** with James Barney. I have no problem admitting when a 9 year old is more of a man than I’ll ever be and that’s precisely the case here. Catch me getting attacked by an alligator and there’s no press conference. That thing takes me below surface, death rolls me, and I’m gone forever. Those are just the facts.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Misleading title. Should read 9 year old ginger makes 400 pound alligator lose his appetite.

Mods please correct.

2 people like this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He's not a normal kid, it says in the article he has "bear" hands.

2 people like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Something fishy about that story as far as him prying open an alligator's mouth. The alligator must not have been trying very hard because it's well documented on the PSI bite force of an alligator and a kid isn't going to be able to pry that open. It's more likely the boy punched the alligator in the eye or somewhere sensitive and that caused a response where the alligator let go around the time the boy thought he was prying open its jaws. Regardless, that boy is incredibly lucky to be alive and that is all it is...sheer dumb luck. Not trying to rain on the boy's fifteen minutes, though. Sure, soak it up...Mic Dundee, Jr. .

1 person likes this.
  5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So he didn't wrestle the alligator?

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WYSuYYpGO_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am disappoint OP doesn't contain the real fight. Enjoy this, instead:

Ace Ventura When Nature Calls: Ace vs Alligator
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/9XfrKnCzfj4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/9XfrKnCzfj4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:eek:

2 people like this.
  8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Christopher

Christopher Member

If it was a 22 foot crocodile I might have been slightly impressed.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Sounds like the gator had a good enough grip to plant a tooth into his back and thirty something teeth marks. Amazing he was able to break the grip. Note to self, don't go swimming in lake Tohopekaliga.

Having lived in Homestead Fla for 4 years, I ran into Gators all the time as a kid. I was little older than this guy at about 12-13 years. Closest encounter was seeing one in a large drainage pipe where it was jaws wide open, staring right at me, snapped shut to intimidate me, I ran one way, and it ran through the glades in the other direction. Saw three lounging in my backyard one day. And all too often saw them in the swimming hole just lounging around. Saw several baby gators once in the canal and that was pretty neat. Mother was probably watching me. Signs all over saying gators nesting, but never took them seriously as a kid, until we started seeing them show up. So lived really dangerously like this kid did because you don't take it seriously until you see something. Brings back lots of memories.