1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[7th round #222] Jermaine Kelly, CB, San Jose State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2018.

?

Do you like the selection of Jermaine Kelly?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2018.
  1. YES

41.7%
  2. NO

58.3%
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

The Texans finished 4-12 because half the defense and keys on offense all went down with injury, not because we didn't bring in Greg Hardy and the Bennett brothers. So far, you are right, we have repeatedly been the team with the least amount of players arrested over the years. Yet the players we did take chances on (Jalen Strong, etc) did not end up working out. Ray Rice is out of the league, Elliot cost his team a ton of wins by getting suspended for 6 games... I'm sorry, but if guys can't get there sh*t together in college, I don't see it getting any better when you give them millions.

Side note, Seantrel Henderson smokes a bunch of pot, we just went and added him.. Feel free to mention other players that are good examples of players we didn't add due to their off field antics. Specifically ones that are doing well in the league. Also, I know you said to focus on players "like hill and harrison" but how can you not focus on the fact that every other team passed on them too, go whine about how the Lions or Seahawks didnt add either of them.

bigdaddy and Nimo like this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

One good example WAS Marcus Peters. I couldn't believe the Texans picked Kevin Johnson over him. But then we find out even the Chiefs don't want to deal with him anymore.

Like I said in the other thread; repeat offenders, domestic abuse, authority issues are who the Texans seem to stay away from. And so do most of the rest of the league.

bigdaddy and houstonstime like this.
  3. raining threes

Whatever dude.

Just get used to more of the same old Texans. There are limits to how good this team can be and those limits are set by ownership. Best thing that could happen is for the old man to say something stupid (Actually this has already happened) and be forced to sell the team like Richardson. If you really care about having a championship contending team in this city.

Apparently you're happy with a team with no depth.

But I'm surprised the Texans are able to field a team on Sundays with all of the choir boys on this team.

#43 raining threes, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018