1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

790 problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by body slam, Nov 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. body slam

body slam Member

I live out of town and 790 seem to play out a little after the sun goes down. With the Rockets you would think they would try to keep the radio waves stonger for a longer time. 610 will last till around 10 pm and 740 seems to go all night.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lol, the rockets don't even give a sh$t if you can watch their games IN town, I doubt they'll concern themselves with 790's signal. They've shown their hand.

Can you you listen to it online?

Edit: I misread your post, you want 790 to fix the signal. Still the rockets don't care either. : )

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

The Rockets can't do anything about negotiations between cable companies... or about the signal strength of a radio station.

The Rockets desperately want people to watch them. Why on earth would they want to have LESS exposure?

4. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

9 times out of 10 when I tune into that station, they are talkin football. NFL, college, etc. They'd talk about anyone that plays football with a helmet in North America - Idaho, New Mexico, Maine, etc. When they are done with all that, they talk Rockets for about 40 seconds. Then back to football.

5. il italiano

il italiano Member

arent they part owners of the channel?

6. rtsy

rtsy Member

7. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

8. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Harden just plays ISo ball...smh

9. joesr

joesr Member

Umm, no? LA is a majority owner with Comcast.

10. joesr

joesr Member

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Rockets and Astros are the ones who made the deal with comcast without ensuring deals were in place with other networks. This isn't a comcast deal, this is a Rockets/Astros deal.

Same with 790, it isn't like they were told they had to switch, they made the deal knowing full well 790 has a much weaker signal.

The Rockets are not shy about telling their loyal fans they don't give a rats behind about them

12. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

The game was on sunny 99.1 last night.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

it was simulcast on 740 and 99.1

go to the rockets webpage to show you when they will air on what channel.

14. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I'm surprised you haven't downloaded Iheartradio...they bump that app atleast once an hour...it is really cool and free

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

annnnd you can't listen to the game.

16. philchips

philchips Member

Isn't that the truth! I thought this was a houston based radio station not only do they talk about football during the rockets game they talk about obscure ny high school football or some football personality from michigan which has nothing to do with houston. How people can talk that much football is beyond me. Very lame!

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

My online Iheart feed for 790 goes to alternate programming every time the Rockets game happens.

Am I missing something? Are others able to listen via Iheart during games? How?

18. rbenavides01

rbenavides01 Member

Per regulations, Rocket's games cannot be streamed.