1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7'7" and feet bigger than Shaq's

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by poprocks, Jan 9, 2008.

1. longhornchampno

If my memory hasn't failed me, a few years ago, there was an idiot who wrote a book and mentioned in it how he went to China and found an inside source that Yao had grown to 7'6" with the the help by some scientists and laboratory experiments. I wonder how many of his books have been sold.

2. conquistador#11

Tim Legler,after finding this thread on the web, has now updated his top centers to start a franchise list.

1.Shawn Poynter
    2. dwight howard
    3. bynum
    4. oden
    5. amare

3. conquistador#11

forgive me for the double post.
    But Espn is now reporting that legler meant to say kenny george and not the writer, shawn poynter

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He measured 7'5'' without shoes when he was drafted. I think he may have grown an inch since then.

5. Sextuple Double

If it weren't for his health issues which will prevent him from even improving his footwork/speed/conditioning, I woulda take a chance on him with Mutombo leaving. It would be funny to see a combined 15ft in the paint.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wonder if Kenny George will kill himself after this?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this kid makes yao look like aaron brooks. he's massive but i think he'd be extremely lucky to get 8 or 9 minutes a game in the nba, he's entirely too slow.

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We could finally move Yao to his natural postion of power forward.

;)

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Reminds me of Wang Ming Ming

10. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

8'5" wingspan? That's crazy. Isn't Yao's wingspan a little short proportional to his height? Like 7'4" or something?

Anyways, I feel sorry for the guy around campus. It must be annoying for people to treat you like a sideshow trying to compare their hands and crap like that when you're just trying to walk to class in peace.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

They just showed this guy on SportsCenter. He is slow as balls and can barely get down the floor. It looked like I was watching a slow motion replay. Tyler Hansbrough kept dunking on him since he has no lateral movement. He's nothing more than a freakshow, and has no future in professional basketball.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

terrible team defense. You basically got a pt guard iso'd against your big slow center. Where's the help defense?

14. bloop

bloop Member

no. the writer claimed the commies socially "engineered" yao by matching up a huge male basketball player with a huge female basketball player.

not that they scientifically created yao in a lab but that they had a sort of eugenics program for breeding supertall basketball players.. wrath of khan style

15. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

That was no point guard, that was Tyler Hansbrough, who's a 6'9" PF. He just looked like a PG because George is so huge!

16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I saw this on SC last night and felt kind of bad for the dude. He seems like he is just playing b-ball b/c of his size and not b/c he wants to. If he does really love to play, hopefully he can make the NBA and make some $ but I don't think he will become a solid player.

17. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

Looks like 3 steps to me.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What Baqui said.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I should have read through the thread. I completely agree with this post.

He is at best a Georghe Muresan.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He is proportioned for that massive size. This guy would still have to get Keith Closs/Mikki Moore type skinny to lessen the toll on those knees and allow more fluid movement.