1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"73 wins without a ring don't mean s..."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jordan said that to the Warriors' owner Joe Lacob. I think Jordan's going to be talking trash until he's dead :

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/07...-told-him-73-wins-without-a-ring-dont-mean-s/

AUDIO ("73 win" talk starts around 12:30) : http://media.957thegame.com/a/11835...b-live-in-studio-greg-papa-and-bonta-hill.htm

“On the collective bargaining agreement, I was on the labor committee and I was in New York having a bunch of dinners with Michael Jordan and other owners. There were six of us. Actually, Dan was one of them, Dan Gilbert. Anyway, Michael Jordan — people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, ’73 don’t mean s—.’ He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked at him and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better.”

BigMaloe, DMO (DJ remix) and Clutch like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It was great seeing the Warriors lose...... and Cleveland win.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish MJ was still around to **** on Stephen Curry.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We should sign MJ to a 10-day contract.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm fine with Lebron doing it in his stead.

don grahamleone and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What he said is right. But coming from Jordan makes it sound like sour grape. It's his Bulls' record got broken. And he didn't beat the Warriors. LeBron did.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He is right.

Who gives a **** if you didn't even win the championship?

Richie_Rich and tinman like this.
  8. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

I'll say this to everyone in here. Saying it doesn't matter, they still have both the best record in the history of the NBA, and they won the chip the previous year. They got more going on than we do.......seriously, when's the last time we were in their shoes?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Put it back in context. The loser said they were out having dinner and drinks and ppl having a good time, and so the loser feels like he caught Jordan being sour like you said and repeats to the media what they say while having fun. Jordan was probably just having fun talking shlt and the stiff owner doesn't get it

Loser

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Having drinks and having a good time. Guess noone is inviting Lacob to parties.

heypartner likes this.
  11. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Not a fan of Lacob from all the things that gets published. Seems like one of those Silicon Valley people too arrogant for his own good. Feel he takes way too much credit for this success they are having. Jerry West deserves more credit than Lacob, will be interesting to see if Lacob renews Jerry West contract this coming year.

Lacob reminds me of someone that wants to be known for being this great owner or at least an owner that is famous enough to leave some sort of legacy. Truth is he is a pretty forgettable person in all of this success, he will never be a Jerry Buss or a George Steinbrenner.

Fyreball, Deuce, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

When was the last time the Warriors won B2B championships?

I'll give you a hint: Never

Only six NBA franchises can claim they have won B2B championships. The Rockets are one of those teams. The others? Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons and Lebron's Heat collusion team. Not even Pop and the Spurs can claim they've done it.

So, yeah there's that.

red, Patience, calurker and 7 others like this.
  13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Lacob is such a tool.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is MJ we are talking about. He spend his entire HOF speech talking **** about other people. Of course he has sour grapes.

Easy likes this.
  15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

oh but steven curry stans who been warriors fans for 1.5 years disagree

16. Hui

Hui Member

Haaahahaa should have a meme of Lebron saying that hahahaha

17. BackdoorHarden

MJ, stick it to the Warriors!!!!!!

18. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

And your point being? Six teams have won B2B championships. That just goes to show you how tough it is to do it. I don't think anyone thinks winning it even once is easy, let alone B2B. Now answer me this though. How many teams have won 73 games? How about even 70 games? They didn't win the chip, you already proved it. It's tough, almost impossible especially to win it back to back. But only two teams in history have won at least 70 and only one has won 73. Which team do you think has a better chance? The Rockets winning 73 or the Warriors going B2B? I'm not even a Warriors fan, but I recognize great teams. And just so you know, when I asked about being in their shoes, bringing up Rockets teams from over 20 years ago isn't exactly what I meant.

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

First of all, I'm not trying to diminish what the Warriors did. Secondly, you need to educate yourself on what is really important in sports. Championships. The Warriors may have won 73 regular season games last year, but they lost to a team that won 57 games. The 2007 Patriots went undefeated but still ended up losing the super bowl to the 10-6 wild card Giants. If I'm a fan and can choose which fate would apply to my team I would take the 57 win team or the 10-6 team that won the championship over the team that set or tied regular season record for wins. But, your mileage may vary.

Also, why bring the Rockets into this discussion to begin with? There was no need for that. BTW, the Rockets are on pace to win about 57 games this year which is the same as the Cavs won last year in the weaker Eastern Conference. I assume that you give us no chance to beat the Warriors, though.

Bookmarked.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

For the record I absolutely agree with you. I'll take the championship team over the 73. Without a shadow of a doubt. I do believe though they would have won had Draymond not been suspended. We'll never know now.

I brought the Rockets in because some are hating on the Warriors yet I bet most if not all of us would love to be where they're at. My point being I don't think we're at a place to be hating on another team when we can get better ourselves. We've complained about Les and Morey for ages.

Maybe I'm wrong. And that's fine. Won't be the first nor the last time. But, that's why I brought them up. See, I'm not going to bad mouth the Warriors because they're good. Same with Cleveland or the Spurs. Nobody would care if the Warriors were bottomdwellers right now, but because they're not, they're easy targets. I'd rather worry about our own team first.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Where did I say we have no shot against the Warriors? On any given day, any team, especially one where you have someone like Harden, you can beat another. If it makes you feel better bookmark that. I couldn't care less. You really think it means anything to me? If you're asking for my honest opinion, I feel the Warriors are better. It's an opinion. But I definitely also believe we have a chance. I never said we didn't have a chance, but again, feel free to put words in my mouth and believe what you want to believe. Feeling the Warriors are better and the Rockets having a chance are not mutually exclusive ideas. Both can be true.