1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

68% of ______ __________ do not believe U.S. has responsibility to accept refugees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol.

It honestly has to be tough to balance politics and religion for that demographic.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

#4 dachuda86, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Carl Herrera

"Target" them by posting their own responses in an opinion survey?

People who self-identify as "white evangelicals" when responding to surveys often have opinions very different from those who self-identify as other religions or those who self-identify as evangelicals but not "white." Such opinions also are often rooted more in a political tradition than the teachings of Christianity.

Being a "white evangelical" is not so much a religious/demographic group as it is a self-chosen political identity unconnected to actual religious teaching.

#5 Carl Herrera, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Rashmon likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Helping the needy is taught in the Bible.

I dont remember Jesus's teachings on refugees

I know someone will say refugees are needy but accepting them in the country and giving to them are different topics

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

let's play cherry pick the Bible.... so fun right?

Stealing from another nation's tax coffers... what does the Bible say about theft?

Lying about asylum to gain entry... what does the Bible say about lying?

And my favorite... what does it say about coveting something that doesn't belong to you?

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

The real victims are the people being asking to prop up failed states and their excess populations. There are too many poor people. We can't help them all. This is unrealistic and to recognize that means that Evangelicals... white ones right... are more logical and not as dogmatic are you think. And this is a good thing, because if they were dogmatic you'd have more people push for theocracy. I love how people love to try and use a person's religion against them. It's completely tactless.

BruceAndre and TheresTheDagger like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

So, this is how you view refugees-- that a large % of them are liars who actually face no danger and are just coming here to steal your donkeys and male/female servants and what not?

subtomic and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-immigration/

Deuteronomy 26:5

5 Then you shall declare before the LORD your God: “My father was a wandering Aramean, and he went down into Egypt with a few people and lived there and became a great nation, powerful and numerous

Deuteronomy 27:19
    “Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

Exodus 22:21

Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.

Exodus 23:9
    Do not oppress a foreigner, you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt

Ezekiel 22:7
    In you they have treated father and mother with contempt; in you they have oppressed the foreigner and mistreated the fatherless and the widow.

Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Deuteronomy 10:18
    He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing

Dueteronomy 24:14
    Do not take advantage of a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether that worker is a fellow Israelite or a foreigner residing in one of your towns.

etc., etc., etc.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

dachuda skipped those parts. They didn't align with his personal beliefs. He only picks the parts he likes like a modern day Christian.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

UdsvvevvvwdvbvbbrbbbfvfbbgBvbcbfzuwgvghugi .IafiduYESEFUWSRYAWTQQRYQGUVOERRRRR

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This still isnt about refugees. The Jews and Gentiles references aren't about country at all and all the references are about not denying help because simeone is different. They aren't about refugees which wasn't a concept when that was written

13. London'sBurning

14. London'sBurning

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I agree refugees never existed until modern day era whenever pgabriel think's refugee's became a thing. Wise, wise man.

Amiga likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

WWJD doesn't apply to minorities.

I find this utterly hilarious. The U.S. destabilized central america to fight "communism" and now are pretending none of this is their fault. How stupid can you be? I know, the U.S. education system!

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

As far as a country accepting them as citizens no it wasn't a concept or anything Jesus would be talking about

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

"My father was a wandering Aramean" isn't about a refugee? All of those references to foreigners and how one should treat them isn't relevant?

I'm not a religious person. A big part of it is because of people like you and dachuda who pick and choose what you want to believe the bible says. It doesn't work like that. You're literally picking and choosing individual words out of the quotes to make it fit your stance. I don't have the ability to be such a hypocrite...going into church on Sunday (or synagogue on Friday in my family's case) and then selectively forget what I had learned that day because it doesn't fit the political party I've aligned myself with.

Jayzers_100, FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    mojo mein...

JuanValdez likes this.
  19. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

The Old Testament is one book that is fun to cherry-pick from:
    When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you…you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them…. For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you and He will quickly destroy you. But thus you shall do to them: You shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire. (Deut. 7:1–5)

Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the Lord your God. (Deut. 20.16–18)

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” (1 Sam 15:2–3)

pgabriel likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just a traveler. Not a persin fleeing their country

They didnt have Motel 6"s