1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610 J&R Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Sep 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What is this crap? I haven't listened in a long time but I'm listening this afternoon and it's just a bunch of crap. Laughing hysterically about things that aren't funny, playing music, and prattling on about a bunch of nonsense. What the hell?

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

couldn't tell you...don't listen

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Terrible show. Just terrible.

I've actually grown to like MAD radio on 610 but other than that their shows are turrible.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, this thread is about to blow up. If there's one thing CF has strong opinions on, it's local sports talk radio.

And yes, you must have never heard this show before, otherwise you would have already known that this is totally par for the course. I listen every day from 5:15 to 5:30 and laughing hysterically at unfunny jokes is literally all they do.

5. conquistador#11

Pandora radio. It's unfortunate that we only have those lamies or the robot man charlie to pick from. It's like would you rather die burning or drowning?

I do like the inside the texans specials with Mark V.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Worst thing ever. It's for people that don't have real friends to joke around with so they tune in to feel like they're part of some uneducated, unprofessional, unfunny inner circle.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

the adam clanton show has been terribly disappointing, that co host he has is worse than anyone on 610 and even worse than the mighty train wreck

9. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

lived in houston my whole life until i was 23. Now Im in Dallas. No Houston station comes close to being as good as the Ticket. Every one of their shows is great. It's weird that Houston was never able to develop a station like that.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

You'd think having 4 sports stations would be a blessing, but they all go to commercial at the same time. I'd go to commercial when my opposition does too though, so can't blame em.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are the highest rated sports radio show in Houston so it is what it is. Maybe Houston is just filed with a bunch of morons or at least that listen to sports radio.

12. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

610 will never get a second more of my time. I'll be more than happy to watch the Texans on tv and get my Texans news right here. Not sure why they made the changes they did, but they blew it bigtime.

So glad the Rockets will be on 790 now.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I lived in dallas and the ticket sucked so bad. Its like a bad gossip show for gay men. It's not about sports that's for sure. tony romos girlfriend or what type of bandana deion sanders wears. Most biased gay radio I have ever heard.

1 person likes this.
  15. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Well most disagree with you considering they were named the #1 sports talk station in the country

16. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

lol u cant afford sat radio? who has AM anymoar?

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That sounds like what 610 and their fanboys would say also about their local ratings.

18. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

While Houston has terrible sports radio, the one time I listened to the ticket it was awful. Forty minutes of comparing restaurants in FW vs Dallas followed by 5 minutes bemoaning the sorry state of the Rangers rotation (obviously this was a few years ago). Just horrible.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

i don't listen to 610 anymore. 610 was preset 1 before with 790 as 2.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're not a sports show, that's kind of my point. They're like The View but on the radio. Ratings aren't necessarily an indicator of the quality of a show.