1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] 11/9/2012 Morey with Nick Wright/John Lopez

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by v3.0, Nov 9, 2012.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Jimes

Jimes Member

Good stuff, thanks for posting. I thought it interesting how he compared having a #1 guy like LeBron and a top 10-20 guy like Harden, how in our case we need another top 10-20 guy to contend.

3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Fantastic interview. Probably one of my favorites that Morey has given. After hearing it, I think we should all be thankful we have a general manager the caliber of Daryl Morey. He just oozes intelligence. The way he carries himself, operating transparently (i.e. Reddit AMA, answering every question about his plan for the Rockets openly and honestly) and expecting accountability for his own actions is something to be admired and frankly he's one of the rare high executive people that do that not only in sports but in the business world.

1 person likes this.
  4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So what did he say about DMo and TJ playing time?

5. Jimes

Jimes Member

He said TJ probably the first rookie that will see playing time and DMo probably second. Reminded people that Carl Landry didn't play until December and Aaron Brooks until January or February.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Royce third? Or Machado?

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Royce will be in D League. I don't expect him to get much PT this year unless guys in front of him get traded. Machado is much more likely to get meaningful PT as he only has Douglas in his way.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Every time I hear Morey in an interview, it reminds me of why I started following him in the first place.

Like, love or hate his moves, he always has a reason for them, is willing to put them forward, steps up to take responsibility for his decisions, and doesn't leave the fans in the dark guessing.

Rockets fans are very lucky.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Great interview!

Good to know the orginization is aware that the fans want new uniforms. To bad DM has no power in that department.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

People will ignore this and continue to hate on McHale.