1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6-year old tries to drive to school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I thought it was funny/interesting..

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iKKETCuXgBnZdJiuCYCqcRYR6w0gD95HS7K00

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think it is a bit ridiculous to charge the parents with child endangerment.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Agreed. My mom was saying that sounds like something I'd do when I was six.

4. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Not at all in my opinion

1. Public Endangerment.
    2. The SIX year old learned driving from Grand Theft Auto.

This is what happens when rich old men, start families with young girls and expect them to be model parents.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

he should get some kind of award for effort alone.

I mean come on, he did not want to miss breakfast and PE.

6. droxford

droxford Member

Sounds like the kid did a better job of driving than most Houstonians.

7. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

I wanted to do hoodrat stuff with my friends

8. teknokid

teknokid Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Cause you know it's normal for 6 year olds to get ready for school while their parents are asleep.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's it. I'm taking the little jeep my 3-yr old son has away from him. He's gotten pretty damn good at driving it.

11. leroy

It's quite possible that the mother helped him get ready and went back to sleep, unaware that he missed the bus.

12. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

WTF?

I don't know how this is possible. When my son was six he wasn't on the bus until I saw him get on the bus.

And He definitely was not allowed to play Grand Theft Auto. I wouldn't bring crap like that in the house around him.

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

unlikely

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The GTA part doesn't bother me as much as imagining the kid waking up, brushing his teeth, putting on his clothes, and running after the school bus all by himself so he could have breakfast.

Sad.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope his mom walked him to the bus stop and went home and back to sleep, but why didn't the child wake her up?

There is more to this story...fo-sure.

DD

16. leroy

All I said was that it's possible. When I was 6, my parents had to leave for work before I actually loaded the bus. They made sure I was out there in time, but then they left.

So, yes, it's possible that the mother went back to sleep and was unaware that the kid missed the bus.

On the other note, I hope to never let my children play GTA or games like it. It's pretty clear that these 2 aren't going to win Parent of the Year awards.

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Unlikely =! Impossible

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You're a republican aren't you?

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You must not have children; and if you do, and can not see how this is clearly negligence on the parents, then I hope you are not as negligent as these folks.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think this kid is going to turn out all right if he gets with the right sort of parents. i mean think about it the kid wanted to go to school (for breakfast and PE) so after he missed the bus he went back home, found the keys to the car and decided to drive to school. he must have known the route to school, how to operate the car well enough.

i am actually impressive at the smarts and drive shown by the kid. Could he even see and reach the pedals?

the parents should be slapped so hard that the sense gets knocked back into them though. 6 years old playing GTA???

I've heard worse though a buddy of mine is a teacher in a generally bad school district here in los angeles and he teaches 1st grade and he had a kid in his class who was doing really bad and they found out the boy registered for the first grade on his own, walked to school on his own and basically fend for himself on his own since his parent was a drug addict. it was pretty sad, he was taken away and put into a foster home. he is doing a lot better now and has caught up with his 3rd grade class and is one of the smarter students.