1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5pm tip-off after a night in south beach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CCorn, Nov 3, 2019.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tamed is flawed. But they were also hungover.

2. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Not a legit excuse I'm pretty sure every team parties when there on south beach and have to play through it

bro2044 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bru, we barely beat bottom of the barrel teams like Washington, OKC and NOLA, lost against Bucks, Nets and got washed by Miami, it's not looking good at this point.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

most people dont, and nobody out there important gonna risk there career being no Vin Baker, so i dont get your point. Im pretty sure Ryan Anderson was in bed by 10 pm last night... ;)

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Are you saying I should bet Grizzlies?
    The payout would probably be nice

6. rockets13champs

This team is predictable. We’re prob gonna have a close game with grizzlies and win 150-145

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

still a better record than last year at this point. im sure you guys were saying all the same things then.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tbh i don't remember what teams we played last season to start, i do know that for some reason, between the contenders or the supposed ones, only the Rockets let teams like Washington score 150 points and get blown out by decent teams like Miami by 40.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we won the game in washington. would it make you feel better if we won 71-70 ??

the team is 3-3. its very early. remember we didnt really turn things around last year until after 20-25 games. i know its frustrating but let it play out. the good thing is maybe it will force tillman to make a real move to improve the roster.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I actually hope that’s the case. Would be way more concerning if they were sober and played like that.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

We won in the last seconds and let a bottom 3 team in the league score 150 points, if that's not supposed to be concerning i don't know tbh...but it's true last season wasn't much different (although last season we had plenty of injuries and we ended up playing like 7/8 guys 35/40 minutes from the start...) so, i'm not saying we're done, but still, no other contender have the problems the Rockets have, year after year, maybe it's not a coincidence.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

“Still very early” ...“ it’s only 3-3” ...“ we started slow also last year and we made the playoffs”.... “ they’ll get it together”. You know what is also notable out of all those excuses you made? Disappointment at the end of the season. Championship teams starts to develop early. They dominate early on, they make statements.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the other contenders are deeper than the rockets and have balance throughout the roster. all our talent is in the back court.

i can cut this team some slack because of all the new faces and our stars are not playing well yet. last year james, chris, eric, and clint all started off the year playing like trash and looked out of shape. when james got going so then did everyone else. i am certainly not going to panic after 6 games.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

bro the they fired MDA coaching staff, traded cp3 for west, two very different players, and have a lot of different role players. we have gone from last to first in pace. that is a big adjustment players are going to have to get their legs under them.

it is going to take them some time to be at their best.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daylight savings time
    @Reeko