1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[538] Whoaaaa, look at this Rockets team now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...the-rockets-dont-have-superstar-fomo-anymore/

[​IMG]

2. jsingles

jsingles Member

What's "whoaaaaaa" about this? Even a simpleton knew this trade would result in slight gains this year at the expense of long term draft losses.

da_juice and Ramo$e like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m not gonna believe Westbrook is a Rocket until I see in on the court wearing a jeresy

Jake Tower, LUK3, Sanctity and 16 others like this.
  4. thekad

thekad Member

Envisioning a bounce back season from a guy who has been in a steep decline the past two years is nice. More likely he’ll be the same guy he was last year, and worse than Chris Paul.

burlesk, Jayzers_100 and justtxyank like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL @ the error bars. The signal is almost complete noise.

foh, CCity Zero, tierre_brown and 7 others like this.
  6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

We should try to be optimistic, but yeah, I don't understand all the excited chatter about a possible resurgence from Westbrook. Why should we expect him to turn into 2016-17 Westbrook again? Let's wait and see.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Russ Westy to have MVP type season !!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That’s fair but what makes you think cp3 won’t miss 20+ games for the 4th year in a row and improve his poor efficiency?

His assist to Tos were alltime worst since his rookie season and his FG 3pt and ft shooting all took a major dip.

Not to mention he was just slow and had trouble even getting to his mid range jumper, let alone all the way to the hoop for a paint shot.

Any person with 2 eyes could see cp3 really took a major step back last year.

He had so many 6 and 8 point games and then you could sprinkle in a few monster 20* point games from him that made us great but they didn’t happen often.

Guy avg 22 ppg last playoffs on great shooting this year he didn’t even crack 15 that’s steep.

Russ so called down year he still got 23/11/11

His shooting regressed but his raw production was the same as it’s always been when u factor in his usage went down last season to the lowest is been since 2010 I believe.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would give a testicle to see Morey’s super computer projections, and to see his big board of targets as a result of those projections.

hakeem94, rhee, Gray_Jay and 2 others like this.
  10. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

typical clutch fan

journey man, Trevor Ariza is GREAT...I'm excited!

Why doesn't Morey get big names? We didn't get Jimmy ****ing Butler...the world is over!!

Rockets get Russell Westrbook, 30, a few years removed from MVP and averaging triple double....he sucks!!

cbass, D-rock, hakeem94 and 10 others like this.
  11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I didn't mention anything about CP3...[​IMG]

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

'CARMELO' is weird. It makes every player look like their absolute best year was the year prior, and they will all become Ryan Bowen next season.

Wulaw Horn, B-Bob and bobloblaw like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Westbrook is going to have the best year of his career.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be so sick. D’Antoni PG effect please!!!

D-rock, hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I don't love the Rockets that damn much but I do respect you dedication sir.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7 seconds or less with Westbrook flying at 100 mph down court for wide open shots all over the place. Westy could very well average another trip dub casually.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know, I think it's fair to say he's never had a coach as good as Dan Tony, but that doesn't mean he's ready to listen to a coach at this point in his career either.

Gray_Jay and Deckard like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Harden allows Westbrook the initiate the offense from the defensive rebound we will kill teams.

Capela gets the board and passes to Russ. Russ attacks an unset defense and we score or he passes to Harden who will run a pick and roll for easy looks while Westbrook is ready to catch lob dunks.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

58 wins and 25% championship probability is great. our roster isn't even complete yet. morey will get us to top 60 wins and to be favored for the championship. other contenders have limited options for improving their roster. we still have the +25% from the Westbrook trade, shumpert, and the NG guys to add another piece or two.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member