1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Women Accuse Louis C.K. Of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Nov 9, 2017.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Michael Scott doing the "Louis C.K." ... o_O

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Now him playing a sexually repressed, horny cop on Parks and Recs all makes sense.

And he has his story to tell the judge all rehearsed now.

[​IMG]

3. omgTHEpotential

Love Louis CK as a comedian. These allegations won't change that.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/10/louis-c-k-statement/

Louis C.K. breaks silence: 'These stories are true'

“There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for”

JAMES HIBBERD@JAMESHIBBERD

POSTED ON NOVEMBER 10, 2017 AT 1:20PM EST
    [​IMG]
    JON KOPALOFF/FILMMAGIC

Louis C.K broke his silence on the sexual misconduct allegations made against the comedian by five women with a lengthy statement Friday. Below is the full statement to EW that he requested to be posted in its entirety:

I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much; The Orchard who took a chance on my movie, and every other entity that has bet on me through the years. I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.

Since The New York Times report on Thursday, Louis C.K.’s business partners have issued statements distancing themselves from the comedian to varying degrees. Netflix canceled an upcoming planned stand-up special (but will keep his previous specials), HBO pulled his content from its On Demand library, FX says the matter is “under review” and The Orchard has canceled its plan to distribute his film, I Love You, Daddy.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Still a funny guy.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Damn that is a pretty good response.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is a good response, one of the best in such a situation, because at least he owns it.

You know, this stuff is funny in the following way. I think humans naturally react to a change in perceptions. If a sleazy seeming guy gets accused of things, people naturally kind of shrug and say "meh, I can believe that. Sounds right." (For example, cross-eyed Under Siege actor is not really under siege for being a harassing jerk). Could also say things about certain politicians but we're in the Hangout.

Then, Louis CK, who is quirky but kind of seen as a family-first guy, is learned to be a part-time flasher of sorts, and it's big news. Spacey turns out to force himself on very young men, and it's a surprise b/c he seemed like a "consummate professional" type of guy.

I'm not saying it's right -- far from -- but that seems to be the case in terms of public outcry.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Probably the best PR response he can do. For a comedian, I wish he would've gone the Spacey apology first. Then gave us the real one.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I am in no way defending Louis CK.

Just a random side thought/question. Which is probably better answered by a woman, but anyone will do.

What is the thought process when Louis CK says to you, "hey, mind if I masturbate in front of you?" ... and you really do mind, a lot, but say ok? Is it "let him masturbate in front of me, maybe it'll advance my career or not torpedo my career?" or is it a "fear" because you don't know who this guy is and he's asking an inappropriate question and you think might as well say yes, maybe at least that way I won't get raped, or what? just curious.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

I just don't understand the need to show a girl your dick without consent. My wife has an IG account and gets them and I just don't get it. That is about the most Louis CK-y response you could've expected from him. Admitted it, owned it, and now is at peace at least.

Hope this brings this to light in other professions as well (coughlawyerscough).

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I have no idea how anyone can see LCK as a "family first" guy. His family/kids are part of his routine, but only in a very warped and raunchy manner. It's not wholesome by any means. Anyone who has seen his standup should know the guy is basically one of the darkest comedians to ever take the mic. He explores really really messed up parts of the human psyche and condition, mixed in with a healthy dose of gross biology and twisted sexual stuff.

Hell, he has an entire routine where he talks about being a prisoner to his perverted side.

That statement was a good response on his part. I assumed he wasn't big enough in the industry in the late 90s/early 00s to hold sway over women like that, but I guess I was wrong. I suppose anyone even remotely above your station in the entertainment industry can wield significant power because it's such a tough and competitive business. He seems to fully understand the situation and he owns it. Good on him. So very few do that.

#51 DonnyMost, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    B-Bob and Yung-T like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the "victimhood" aspect of this stuff is really annoying.

If he asked and gained consent, which it sounds like he did, end of story.

13. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

These were not fans...they were woman in his industry, trying to do business through networking. And yes, for comedians 3am is equal to 5:50pm to 9to5ers.

When i 1st started my business, i'd encounter clients who'd make a racist remark thinking i was likeminded...i would not correct them. Now however, firmly established, i decline their business.

MoonBus and B-Bob like this.
  14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, some powerful industry guy locks you in a room, asks you if he can jerk it, then you kind of freeze up and he does it anyway and then says if you tell anyone he's going to destroy your career.

Sounds like good ol' consent to me.

You people want to believe your idols have redeeming qualities and you can overlook their flaws.

I personally loved Louie for many years myself, but once you cross this line you're a scumbag plain and simple.

Good for him for half-ass owning it AFTER the NYT comes out with it while at the same time downplaying the severity of it. It is more than a lot of these scumbags are doing.

It shouldn't be this hard for you to call a spade a spade.

CometsWin, B-Bob and tierre_brown like this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I just can't understand, for the life of me, why these guys want to whip out their dick and show it to these women.

Heck, I'm scared these days to look at my own johnson, much less parade it around in front of anyone else.

AroundTheWorld and GRENDEL like this.
  16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Wow, congratulations on the ****ing moron post of the day. And you wonder why we have a problem with it. Shameful, sir.

RudyTBag and moestavern19 like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I remember watching his monologue when he hosted SNL, when he got to the bit about child molesters I was simultaneously lmao and shaking my head, "did he really just say that on national tv?"

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Exactly. That was by far the edgiest stuff ever tried in that format. It was super dark stuff that made us look at sexual compulsion in a different way. The humor was only in the delivery and how nervous he clearly was tip-toeing around such an incredibly heavy subject, ostensibly lighting his career on fire in front of millions of people.

Nobody should be shocked the guy has skeletons in his closet. Only people who grapple with serious issues themselves have the willpower to talk about such awful things, let alone make fun of them. The most shocking thing is honestly how few and mild these skeletons are.

As an aside, if you watch his early material -- it's terrible. He's all happy faced and super nervous and too fast in his delivery. He looks like he's trying to be the next Seinfeld, but he comes off just like Kenny Bania. It wasn't until he embraced the fact he was a turd of a person and started delving into the gutter of humanity for his material that his career took off.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the psychology of people devolving to the point where they do stuff like this thinking it's normal? It's ****ing weird, man. Y'all are WEIRD.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the issue is, I personally can sometimes compartmentalize how I feel about the person vs how I feel about the actor. Tom Cruise and Kelsey Grammar are prime examples of that for me. They seem like asshats in real life but I still will put on Frasier from time to time, and Live. Die. Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow is one of my favorite flicks. However, when someone does something so sh!tty that I can't separate the actor from the person I run into issues. Spacey and Louis CK are going to be hard to forgive, and even harder to temporarily forget when they enter in on stage. I like that Louis is leaning into it, admitting his fault, and taking his lumps here. It doesn't absolve him, but it's a good first step.