1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Women Accuse Louis C.K. Of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Nov 9, 2017.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This Bennett kid is a B.. he did what most would though if given the chance and turned it into a huge payday.

fba34 likes this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I say let him do his comedy. All he really did was watch this scene when he was younger and later took it a bit too close to heart.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You're right.

The roles are reversed, therefore there's no way it can be abuse!

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I'm glad you are here to defend the honor of 17 year old boys who slept with older actresses and then cry victim and blackmail them for money while real victims are more and aplenty.
    Arr you guys family?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You mean to say "17 year old kid who had a 37 year old get them drunk and rape them"

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Yes if you say so hero

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Another question begs. Is Argento really that hot? Guess she once was.

I mean it's the 'highest industry in looks' and not a public place.

Assault is assault, no matter what sex the victim is. Need hard facts and evidence.

It gets blurred in this industry where the victim would have wanted an acting gig for instance, and the producer/senior actor was trading it for something else.

#227 daywalker02, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The law says so killer.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Am I still allowed to laugh at CK's comedy?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So I guess here's an issue that I haven't really seen addressed:

CK didn't break any laws. At a certain point he clearly realize that what he was doing was ****ed up, and stopped doing it some 15 or so years ago. He's almost certainly not going to do it again. After the story came out, he stopped putting out material for some time.

So if there's currently an audience for C.K.'s standup; that is, if people, aware of his past, are still willing to pay money to watch him perform... Why shouldn't he? Shouldn't the market dictate whether or not he can come back, and not a bunch of former liberal arts major think piece writers?

Jayzers_100 and Jontro like this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I tend to agree with you. But a lot of people want to make an example out of him to send a clear message that what he did is not tolerable. If you let up just a little bit, for example by suggesting that C.K. is basically a good guy who engaged in regrettable, super-sleazy behavior years ago when people were not as aware about how damaging it could be, they think that it's enabling sexual misconduct.

I don't understand why he is being held responsible for damaging the careers of these women. Did he take action to deny them career opportunities, or is he being held responsible for indirectly hurting them because he didn't want to admit to his sleazy, embarrassing behavior publicly?