1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

3rd All-Star Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2013.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

Lin surges on the hardcore religious nuts vote, creeping up on CP3...can CP3 pull an Obama?

Stay tuned.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Jeremy doesnt deserve that lol

3. Asian Sensation

I think Lin will get in and bump CP3 and Harden and hopefully the coaches will select Parker as reserves and screw over Westbrick. That would be awesome.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Blame my Asian brethren for voting the black mamba in instead of the yellow mamba.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

People hoping for Lin to fail and not make it are not Rockets fans.

This would give more exposure to the franchise, more leverage in trades, better for marketing, etc, etc! Better for overall business.

Also, can't believe why ya'll still think most votes are coming from China.

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Ray Allen in fifth place?

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I am all about the Coach selecting the top ten people for the rosters and allowing for the final few spots to be selected by fans...

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

+1 Who really takes the all star game seriously anyways? If everyone wants to be picky, then I don't think Gasol, Dwight, or DWill deserves a spot either. It's just fans voting who they want to see play.

With that said I'm still positive the starting backcourt is going to be Kobe and CP3.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I hope this thread doesn't turn into an argument as to why Lin deserve/not deserve to be in the All star game again. Circular arguments.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

All star games are for the fans so quit complaining who gets voted in or not. If Roy freaking Hibbert can be an all star then i say anyone can.

So if Lin doesn't make it to top 2 guards in votes then he won't even be an all-star at all this season am i right?

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So people thinking that the all star starters should really be the best at their position aren't rockets fans? Lin isn't even a top five pg in the west right now. From a production standpoint he is so far from deserving of being an all star starter. People are allowed to have their own opinion on who is deserving of being an all star without their rockets loyalty being questioned.

12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Easy on the religious "nut" talk....it's equally offensive as calling agnostics or atheists "immoral, etc". Leave that debate and labeling to the D&D.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You're absolutely right. If you ask me though, i would love to see him named as an all-star this season in Houston just to troll david stern.

14. Asian Sensation

All I want is for James Harden to win the MVP. The guys usually cater to the star playing in their city and the coaches usually play the hometown star heavy minutes. Furthermore, I think Durant is selfless enough to let Harden do his thing since he won last year. I bet either Kobe or Lebron try to steal the show though. With that said I like Harden's chances. See below.

Here's some examples in recent memory.

2011 in LA. Kobe
    2010 in Dallas. Dirk might have gotten it but the East won.
    2009 in Phoenix. Shaq was co-mvp.
    2008 in New Orleans. CP3 would've won but the East won.
    2007 in Las Vegas. No applicable hometown star.
    2006 in Houston. The West spoon fed Mcgrady so he could win but East won.
    2005 in Denver. No applicable hometown star.
    2004 in LA. Shaq

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I wonder if Chandler Parsons has a shot as a backup SF, behind Kevin Durant? There isn't really another SF that is guaranteed to make it, and Chandler has had a pretty impressive season, added to the fact that the game is here this year. Kevin Love has had a down year (injury), LaMarcus Aldridge is usually in the mix, Zach Randolph and/or Marc Gasol could get a spot, and Rudy Gay hasn't had a great year. Looks like Vinny Del Negro or Scott Brooks will be the coach of the West, I wonder if they would choose Parsons?

16. manning

manning Member

yeah...i think you are right.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

Unless the coaches votes him in. Coach votes have a tendency to be just as unexpected as fan votes. You remember Brad Miller being 2x All Star while he was averaging ~14 ppg and ~9 ppg? Mehmet Okur? Yeah.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol @ KG starting.

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

"Hardcore religious nuts" =/= "religious == nuts"

"6'2" Caucasian robbery suspect" =/= "Caucasian == robbery suspect"

:rolleyes:

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think you know what I meant.....your post is just trolling to start a debate/discussion that belongs in another forum.