1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3-team Trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BobFinn*, Jun 27, 2000.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

06/27- CAVS 3 WAY!- ESPN is reporting a 3 way deal sending Jason Caffey to the Milwaukee Bucks, and sending JR Reid and Robert Traylor to the Cavs, and sending Bob Sura to the Warriors has been completed. The Milwaukee Bucks would not confirm this report but said that there were stories out there, that would be clarified by their 5pm press conference.

------------------

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

carroll dawson mentioned that trade so i imagine it must be for real or he wouldn't be acting like it was.. he has inside info i'm sure

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

The Warriors win out on that deal...Sura is a good player. The others have had marginal success....Caffey did win a ring with the Bulls, but wasn't much of a contributor.

This is one of those "who cares" trades. Although GS is taking steps to improve....finally!

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curiously enough, Golden State already has a SG in Larry Hughes.....

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

Draft Moiso. Trade Moises.

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How does this affect the Cavs draft plans? Does this mean they want to pick up Alexander and cleared out Sura to make a spot for him?

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

6. BobFinn*

Thats what I was thinking Juan. They are also shopping Brevin Knight. Alexander does seem to be the perfect fit for the Cavs now.

------------------

7. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I would think Traylor has more value than Caffey alone. I would say bad deal Milwalkee, and good deal for GS and Clev.

As pointed out, probably good for us, unless the Cavs are thinking Demarr instead of Alexander.

------------------
    "The Rockets were ahead of the Suns by 20 late in game 2 of the series, but when the going got tough, we just Pippened . We would not be done in the series though."

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

They wouldn't be thinking Dermarr- I read somewhere that Dermarr wouldn't work out for the Cavs and that they were pretty mad about it. I seriously doubt they'd take a player they didn't even get to see work out.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

9. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

both Miller and Dermarr didn't work out for them. It's a near lock that Tsakalidis is their pick.

------------------

10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Miller didn't work out for them, either? That's good news. I've got this weird feeling he slips to us at #9, which I'm all for.

------------------

11. BobFinn*

Here is the official trade:

MILWAUKEE - Six players from three teams changed addresses in a trade Tuesday as the Milwaukee Bucks toughened up, the Golden State Warriors acquired backcourt scoring and the Cleveland Cavaliers found the young big man they coveted. Milwaukee dealt forwards Robert Traylor and J.R. Reid to the Cavaliers while trading veteran guard Vinny Del Negro to the Warriors, The Associated Press has learned. The Cavs dealt guard Bob Sura to the Warriors, and Golden State sent forwards Jason Caffey and Billy Owens to Milwaukee.

------------------

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

works out or not the Cavs will now definitely take at SG now, got to think they will pick DeMarr or Alexander, assuming the trade didn't include Traylor's fat cells.

------------------
    Mango is the Smeg of Bizarro World

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Don't forget MoPete.

Cleveland has had a tendency in the past to draft nice guys, and seniors to boot. MoPete is both.

------------------
    Its only my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

14. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

Miller didn't work out because he shares an agent with Hawks starting SF Lamond Murray, and the agent didn't want Miller competing with Murray for a starter's job.

------------------

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

nike,

how does that have anything to do with Miller not working out for the Cavs.

also, does kemp like playing Center? otherwise, how's a 6'8" player like Traylor suddenly going to give them the option of choosing a sg?

I guess it's talent over need. interestingly in a mock (katz?) yesterday it showed pryza... sliding to 28 b/c of this trade.

------------------

16. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

I think that Cleveland does expect
    Ilgauskas back.

Look for them to draft Alexander.

------------------
    It's a cool site, this clutchcity.net

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, ask yourself why Cleveland would trade before they know who will be available at SG. Cavs can only hope that Demarr will be available unless they have spoken to Atlanta and know something. And Alexander has been projected as high as the Clippers in the past. So he's a total unknown heading into the draft. That's the problem with making any assumptions about this trade. Cleveland may have something else up it's sleeve on draft day. It would have been to risky to hope for a SG. Something is wrong with that picture.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas didn't work out for the Rockets last year, and they drafted him. It's a little different for later picks, but you get the idea.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member